Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3473
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Strange noise after my pt cruiser clutch install?" Previous topic | Next topic
ughhheadSep-16-04 05:24 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3473, "Strange noise after my pt cruiser clutch install?"

Well it's been about a month since my pt cruiser clutch was installed. i've got about 900 miles on it and it feels pretty good. i have been hearing this weird little rattling noise though. only when i'm bearly on the gas, like no more than 20% throttle. if i get on it hard or even moderate, there's nothing to be heard, all normal. it sounds extremely similar to the cold throw out bearing noise. do the pt cruiser clutches chatter at all? is that just your basic clutch chatter? it's really getting on my nerves. could someone give me a hand? thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ughhheadSep-17-04 04:56 AM
775 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3474, "RE: Strange noise after my pt cruiser clutch install?"
In response to Reply # 0

nothing... aw comon.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ughhheadSep-17-04 11:16 AM
775 posts,
#3475, "RE: Strange noise after my pt cruiser clutch install?"
In response to Reply # 1

anythings that i should check out when i get the chance. i have been so busy with school. had it been summer i probably wouldn't have made this post.

TeamXtremeRSSep-18-04 07:55 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3478, "RE: Strange noise after my pt cruiser clutch install?"
In response to Reply # 2

With the car at idle, and in N with the clutch out, does it rattle? Does the rattle go away when you push in the clutch? If so, then that's the TOB wobbling arouund on the fork, which is totally normal..lots of us have that issue when clutches are replaced for some reason..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ughhheadSep-19-04 11:15 AM
775 posts,
#3494, "RE: Strange noise after my pt cruiser clutch install?"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-19-04 11:17 AM by ughhhead

the tob does make a little bit of chattering, but the rattling i'm talking about is when i'm moving, in all gears between 1500-3000 rpms. it will go away as soon as i get off the gas. if i really get on it hard or if i'm at higher rpms that around 3k then i don't hear anything either. kinda almost sounds like something rolling around in there. i know theres not but thats what it sounds like. sometimes it makes that noise to a rhythm like a constant tapping, but other times it just sounds liek somethings rolling around in there. i'm gonna take off my little cover and make sure all of my bolts are tightened down well. i just read that other newer clutch noise post and i was wondering if it's possible for that little cup to make any noise while the car is moving. i dunno, help. thanks xtremers for your reply.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3473 Previous topic | Next topic