Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1380
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Clutch Woes" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiSep-09-03 08:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1380, "Clutch Woes"

Okay...So I just rebuilt my engine a few weeks ago, and I replaced my clutch, flywheel, and transmission about a year ago. So finally my car was 100% problem free, but now the clutch is slipping, and it's getting worse by the day. WTF??? It's a stage 1 ClutchMasters non-mod clutch and I'm using a Fidanza Flywheel. I rev-match/heel-toe shift everywhere I go, I never ride the clutch, etc... etc... Arn't they suppose to last a little more than a .... year! That clutch was $550, and then the labor I had to do. I'm going to take a look at the pedal in the morning and make sure it's not adjusted too low, but I doubt it.

If anyone has any feedback I'd appreciate it.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
WickedESiSep-13-03 03:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1411, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 0

:7 I move the stop pin on the pedal back some, back to spec 1-3mm of play and it doesn't slip anymore. Last time I adjusted it (when I put the clutch in) it was at 1-3mm, I guess the contact point has moved out a little bit.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiSep-15-03 09:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1428, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 1

:wary It's slipping just about as bad when the car isn't warmed up, and when getting on the throttle in a gear to high?

The clutch clamp power shouldn't get effected by heat, or does it? (i'm talking when the clutch is all the way engaged, not when it's rubbing the pressure plate, ie riding the clutch)?

It's a *brand new* reman nv-t350 tranny and the rear main seal was replaced at the same time so it shouldn't be fluid getting on it? (this tranny has always made the infamous metal bouncing noise when in neutral though).

Any ideas anyone?

Matt_95tgsSep-16-03 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#1429, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 2

maybe when they remanufactured your tranny, they didn't replace the input shaft seal/bearing assembly. That would cause tranny fluid to get on the clutch which does the same thing as motor oil. That's what happened to me.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

WickedESiSep-17-03 07:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1438, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-17-03 07:13 PM by WickedESi

How bad did your clutch slip? Because mine is slipping baaad. It's making my car look like a honda, I have to accelerate at about 20% throttle else it just will want to bounce the rev limiter while not going anywhere. (It goes away for the *most* part after driving for a while)

The tranmission has one of those Mopar 33k 3yr warrenties, could I just take my car to the dealership, and will they replace it for me?

docta doomSep-18-03 01:30 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
240 posts,
#1440, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 2

(this tranny has always made the infamous metal
>bouncing noise when in neutral though).
>

my tranny makes the same noise when the clutch is engaged in neutral. whats up with that?

sucker MC

WickedESiSep-18-03 10:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1443, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 5

Lots of people get chatter when in neutral w/ this tranmission, but according to them it's completely harmless.

However, leaking tranny fluid on your clutch disc sucks. I was racing a modded mustang gt today from a roll of around 35 and when I floored it I didn't go anywhere, I just stayed at around 35, with the engine RPM's going crazy. It sucked.

WickedESiSep-25-03 11:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1465, "RE: Clutch Woes"
In response to Reply # 6

Does anyone know how a mopar warrantee on a oem tranmission works? Does the dealership replace it for free?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1380 Previous topic | Next topic