Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #576
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TApr-29-03 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#576, "Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"

Hey guys, any one know where I can get these things?

I know that I need (8) 10m - 1.0 x 25 and (6) 8m - 1.25 x 17. I went to satan today and they want about $3 a bolt. I really doubt I see myself paying over $40 for 14 bolts.

I also don't think a regular hardware store carries this stuff. Any ideas?

Thanks!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
juggaloApr-29-03 09:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#577, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-29-03 09:42 AM by juggalo

home depot

i'm pretty sure if you cant find the 8m - 1.25 x 17 bolts, 8m-1.25x20 will fit just fine.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-30-03 04:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#583, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sure they do Jason, just make sure you get high grade bolt (I would look for 10.9).

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

mkerleyApr-30-03 07:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#586, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 2

If you have Ace Hardware, they carry a pretty wide selection.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

TeamJasonESi_TApr-30-03 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#587, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 3

Got some at True Value, NAPA, and got the rest at ACE. (No Home Depot here) Thanks fellas. By they way, 8m x 1.25 x 20mm does work as well as the 17mm.

I did have to get 8.8 metric hardness though for the flywheel to CS bolts. The guys at NAPA said that's what all the local mechanic's use as they don't have any harder. For the pressure plate to flywheel, True Value did have the 10.9.

Anyone see any problems with 8.8? I mean, that's still pretty damn hard.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

TeamMichael_97RSApr-30-03 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#589, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 4

I think the stock may only be 8.8. But I have stretched 8.8's as a longer bolt to install a UDP.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

optimuspetersonApr-30-03 07:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#594, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 5

Home depot wouldn't carry them, there a hardware store, not a autopart store, they wouldn't carry metric

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-01-03 01:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#596, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 6

No Home Depot, Jason?!?!! OMG, how do you survive?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamJasonESi_TMay-01-03 04:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#598, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 7

lol....the best we have is a Lowe's.

I know,...life is hard here.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

KirbyMay-02-03 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#599, "RE: Where to get non-modular clutch bolts?"
In response to Reply # 8

Man I went through the same shit, except nobody but the john deer store had them and they only had 2, so guess who paid $30 and drove 2 hours to get them.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #576 Previous topic | Next topic