Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1102
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears." Previous topic | Next topic
D-WojAug-01-03 07:40 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1102, "My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears."

Im pretty sure its a mount, but my question is, has this happend to anyone else before? you see, i dont know what mount it is, and when i jack the car up it looks all good, amd i also need to know if there are any hi performace mounts out there. Thanks
donny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
juggaloAug-01-03 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1103, "RE: My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears."
In response to Reply # 0

i would say you have a fuct up shift linkage or your syncros are gone.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoostedGSAug-01-03 08:54 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#1104, "RE: My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears."
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, check your shifter linkage and cables. I doubt you would have lost your 1, 3, and 5 gear synchros all at once.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-01-03 10:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1105, "RE: My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears."
In response to Reply # 2

Nigh impossible to loose all those at once. 1 is on the output shaft, 3 and 5 are on the input shaft.. just won't happen that way.

You lost a retaining clip on your shift linkage, that's all. You try to put forward on the stick, and the linkage is just moving and not pushing the selector forward to engage the gear. The one you probably lost is in the engine bay. Remove your battery and battery tray, and you'll see it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TalonSpeedAug-11-03 04:43 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2002
446 posts,
#1146, "RE: My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears."
In response to Reply # 3

Exactly what DarkOne said. The exact same thing happened to me. I lost, 2nd, 4th and reverse one day. under the batter there are two shift link cables. Further towards the firewall there are too brass color forks, that hold them down in a bracket.

My brass fork popped out and was laying on top of the transmission. I put it back on and bam all my gears where back. What causes this?? Probably worn out motor mounts letting the engine move alot and ended up shaking or pulling off that fork.

NinjaDaPangoAug-17-03 04:48 PM
Member since Aug 17th 2003
4 posts,
#1233, "RE: My car wont go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears."
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-17-03 04:50 PM by NinjaDaPango

I can tell you right now its synks. try double clutching it will help keep you from grinding just use the clutch to pull out of the gear then hit the clutch two times after that and put it in gear. you can try to get it into first by starting it off in 2nd to get the gears moving then try to get it into first by shifting DO NOT over speed the engine all you need to do is rock the car and put it in. if you cant do that then you dont have those gears anymore and you might as well plan on doing what I am looking for another tranny. good luck! if all else fails take it to a shop

do what everyone else said and if that is right then dont worry about this but my synks are gone and thats how I drive my god knows how long it will last..

I need a tranny
hell a gst set up would be nice

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1102 Previous topic | Next topic