Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8411
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Vibrations at start off after clutch swap" Previous topic | Next topic
Green_machine97Feb-26-10 04:35 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2008
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8411, "Vibrations at start off after clutch swap"

Ok so first off id like to fill you in on whats happened to my car over the past 2 years. around 2 years ago i had the differential pin grenade on me (exploded my whole bellhousing/clutch assembly). since then ive been through 3 different clutches because for some reason they just get eaten up in about 2 weeks. Well i swapped in a non modular this time and so far its doing pretty good except for when im starting off. as im letting the clutch out im getting vibrations from somewhere in the drivetrain (clutch?, differential?, axles?) as the vibrations occur it seems as though the tires want to break loose.

Im really tired of spending money on new clutches and have a feeling this is whats causing every clutch I install to be ate up. Id really appreciate the help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
420agreenvilleSCFeb-26-10 05:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8412, "RE: Vibrations at start off after clutch swap"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-26-10 05:03 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

I know exactly what you're talking about. It happens at the transition from stop to engaging 1st gear (sometimes 1st->2nd too), the car shakes and feels as if the clutch disc is bouncing off of the friction plate. I too wonder if there's a fix for this...... Happens on my father's truck too

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Green_machine97Feb-26-10 05:08 PM
9 posts,
#8413, "RE: Vibrations at start off after clutch swap"
In response to Reply # 1

ya thats kinda what it feels like but its a pretty wicked vibration. if the disc was bouncing back and forth like you said though, i dont see how that could cause wheel hop. or am i wrong?

420agreenvilleSCFeb-26-10 09:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8414, "RE: Vibrations at start off after clutch swap"
In response to Reply # 2

so, you're actually experiencing wheel hop? or does it FEEL like wheel hop... does it happen when you're giving it significant throttle or just easy DD driving type throttle? Mine happens more often during easy acceleration/transition...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Green_machine97Feb-26-10 10:08 PM
9 posts,
#8415, "RE: Vibrations at start off after clutch swap"
In response to Reply # 2

Id also like to say that when I installed the non modular, I realized my master cyl. was leaking by my clutch pedal. Im not sure if that fixed the issue with my car eatin up clutches or not. Im guessing it had something to do with my problem because it would let air into the system so my clutch wouldnt engage or disengage fully therefor not letting me break in the new clutch properly IMO. Ive been researching this whole issue with my car goin through a new clutch in about two weeks and the whole wheel hop thing. still confused about it. haha

maybe someone can clarify this for me... if my clutch is chattering, has it been known to cause wheel hop? or should i possibly be leaning towards a motor mount issue?

Green_machine97Feb-26-10 10:43 PM
9 posts,
#8416, "RE: Vibrations at start off after clutch swap"
In response to Reply # 3

it happens during light acceleration as im letting the clutch out. it seems as though its wheel hop. ive never actually experienced it before this but what it feels like to me is the tires struggling to gain traction yet almost wanting to break free and burn rubber. so ya it feels like the wheel is actually hoping

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8411 Previous topic | Next topic