Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1664
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?" Previous topic | Next topic
RxR_EclipseOct-31-03 12:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1664, "Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
Oct-31-03 01:03 PM by RxR_Eclipse

well my clutch was acting up the last couple of days, infact i couldn't get it into gear this morning. So i checked the little tank the fluid lives in and it was empty. Do I need to bleed the thing like you would on brakes? The clutch is still not right and the fluid is full now.
If yes then how?

almost forgot the clutch is now at the bottom of the floor. could this be the master or slave cyl???? what should i look for.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamXtremeRSOct-31-03 01:25 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1665, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-31-03 01:26 PM by XtremeRS

Well if it was empty, then you have a leak somewhere. Check under the driver dash, at the rod that goes through the firewall, and see if you notice any fluid there. Then check where the slave meets the firewall in the engine bay, and look for fluid. Then check out the slave cylinder. Just pull back the rubber dust boot from the slave, and see if there is any fluid in there. Its most likely the slave cylinder, as that usually goes first...also check your fluid lines for leakage/breakage, esp the rubber part of the line

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RxR_EclipseNov-01-03 09:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1670, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-01-03 09:07 AM by RxR_Eclipse

Well flushed it out today. Seems to be working great now. I can't for the life of me find out where the fluid went to, I checked all the lines and both the slave and master, nothing looks bad or leaking at all. Mabey it is just the cold kicking in. Went from like 65 to 14 in a matter of 3 days.
When I flushed it all this black nasty stuff was in there. Probly the original stuff.

Thanks Matt

Kevin
The old:

The new:

bulloxNov-01-03 06:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#1671, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 2

i wouldn't be surprised if the stock rubber line broke under those weather changes. Now that I look back, my clutch exhibited the same symptoms when we got our first cold spell.

My advice is (if this seems to have fixed the problem for a short time) that the line will continue to leak...until replaced. RRE makes a stainless steel clutch line for $20. I haven't had a single hydraulic problem with my clutch since I installed that.

grainNov-02-03 12:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#1675, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 3

lol, check the hard line that goes in the front of the trans to the slave cylinder. mine broke, leaked, and then i had no clutch. replaced, and bled, and all good

distortNov-06-03 10:17 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
#1707, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 4

im havin the exact same problem. i coudlnt get my car in gear today checked it and no fluid. i also notice liquid all over my dead pedal, that would be the slave cylinder right?

96 Eclipse GS

turbo8uNov-07-03 01:57 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#1719, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by distort
im havin the exact same problem. i coudlnt get my car in gear today checked it and no fluid. i also notice liquid all over my dead pedal, that would be the slave cylinder right?

that would be the master. sounds to me like you flipped the seal in the master (the one on the firewall) and fluid ran down the pedal

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

distortNov-09-03 02:51 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2003
675 posts,
#1723, "RE: Clutch reserve tank was empty....do i need to bleed air out of it?"
In response to Reply # 6

well after i played around with it teh hose connecting to the small resiover tank was leaking the clamp was loose. i tighted it and put more fluid in it. i can now shift but my pedal has no pressure i have to slam it to get it in gear. i cant find the bleeder screw either. hopefully i can find it and that will fix it if not its going in the shop early i guess. everytime it gets cold something breaks and i kinda need my car working well this weekend .

96 Eclipse GS

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1664 Previous topic | Next topic