Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9127
View in threaded mode

Subject: "recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm " Previous topic | Next topic
SeclipseFeb-03-15 05:56 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2003
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9127, "recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "

After I did the swap I wired everything up and was getting an odd CEL code for no signal from tcu. I finally gave up and ordered a manual ecu from ebay. I received it today and when I went to install it my old plugs dont go onto the manual ecm connectors. Did i receive a ecm from a different model year or is this a different ecm all together. the ecm i received is Chrysler p/n P05269833H 0526

Any help will be appreciated as I'm putting a lot of miles on my leased car and enjoy driving my eclipse more than my suv.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SeclipseFeb-05-15 03:00 PM
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9128, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 0

I installed my auto ECM to get the car functioning again. Does anyone know how to supply the signal from the TCM back to the ECM to get rid of the CEL i am getting? Would looping the signal back to the ECM get rid of this or did the TCM convert the signal to a different voltage? Any help from anyone who has done the AT\MT swap will be greatly appreciated

I was able to the speedo cruise and reverse lights going, just cant seem to find how to get rid of this CEL. The car needs to get an inspection sticker and wont pass with the CEL.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-06-15 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#9129, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 1

When you purchased the ECM for the manual swap did you purchase one that matched the year of your vehicle? To me it sounds like you have a 95 or 96 vehicle and got a ECM from a 97, 98, or 99. Ideally you want to get a matching year ECM.

I contributed to the Wiki.

SeclipseFeb-07-15 08:20 AM
36 posts,
#9130, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 2

I own a 97. And was told it was from a 97 manual. My ecm has black plugs and black ports on the ecm where as the one I got has grey ports and the notches in the plugs are in the wrong spots.

SeclipseFeb-07-15 04:47 PM
36 posts,
#9131, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 2

The CEL I get is 66. It isn't listed on the site here but Google shows it as no communication between the tcm and ecm.

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-09-15 09:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#9132, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 4

The code is obvious. With an automatic transmission the TCM needs to talk to the ECU. Now that you have a manual trans in there, the TCM serves no purpose. Sounds like you don't have the correct ECU. Send the one back you got and verify that you get a 97 ECU for a manual.

I contributed to the Wiki.

1996BlackGSntFeb-14-15 08:10 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2008
35 posts,
#9133, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 5
Feb-14-15 08:15 AM by 1996BlackGSnt

If u cant find one to purchase i believe i have one in my spare parts shelf lol

EDIT: if im not mistaken your P/n is for 98 AUTO

SeclipseFeb-17-15 08:00 PM
36 posts,
#9134, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 6

If you could see if you have a spare 97 manual ecm I would appreciate it. I have looked but am unsure if online listing's are accurate since that's how I purchased the one That isn't correct. If you do have one please let me know what you would like for it. Thank you

SeclipseMar-09-15 08:22 AM
36 posts,
#9135, "RE: recently did at/mt swap, problem with replacement ecm "
In response to Reply # 7

Can anyone help me find the ECM part number I should be looking for or Any way to have the signal sent to the ECM looped back as to remove the CEL for non communicating TCM?

Thank you for any further help

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9127 Previous topic | Next topic