Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3437
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Swaps.. What else fits?" Previous topic | Next topic
ShadowRuleZDec-09-04 05:05 AM
Member since Jun 19th 2004
118 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3437, "Swaps.. What else fits?"

What other auto transmissions will work in these cars? I have a lead on a 97 Neon transmission with the DOHC motor. Any special things you have to get with them or anything? Will it bolt right in?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
InFiNiT3Dec-09-04 10:28 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3448, "RE: Swaps.. What else fits?"
In response to Reply # 0

the diff from a 2.4 sebring will fit w/ limited slip...at onlt 350$ its a good cheep mod... only thing is u gotta drop the trans

jake

02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

alain95i4Dec-28-04 03:58 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#3466, "RE: Swaps.. What else fits?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by ShadowRuleZ
What other auto transmissions will work in these cars? I have a lead on a 97 Neon transmission with the DOHC motor. Any special things you have to get with them or anything? Will it bolt right in?

the neon atx tranny is an older 3 speeds design
it will bolt on the engine
but you will need fitting , cutting and welding
it's not a direct replacement

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

BlueMoonEclipseDec-29-04 07:53 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#3467, "RE: Swaps.. What else fits?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yah dont forget your speedo will not work with the 3 speed from what i see....Unless you find a half shaft that would work with this swap (think our 604 does not have the extension housing the 670 has that houses the speedo sender)..oh yah the whole rear motor mount thing

hmmm what else comes to mind....

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

97whitESiJan-02-05 11:05 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#3471, "RE: Swaps.. What else fits?"
In response to Reply # 3

the fact that you get to have OH SO MUCH FUN adjusting governor weights, kickdown dealies, bands, ratios, ughhhh

good thing we have compcontrolled trannies
and good thing i got rid of that a413 and lebaron

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

BlueMoonEclipseJan-03-05 02:35 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#3472, "RE: Swaps.. What else fits?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-03-05 02:41 PM by BlueMoonEclipse

Originally posted by 97whitESi
the fact that you get to have OH SO MUCH FUN adjusting governor weights, kickdown dealies, bands, ratios, ughhhh good thing we have compcontrolled trannies and good thing i got rid of that a413 and lebaron

Uhhhh dude......
Manual Valve body......no more adjusting weights of the gov to compensate for increased line pressure..and no more fiddling with a kickdown cable either

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

97whitESiJan-03-05 04:58 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#3473, "RE: Swaps.. What else fits?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by BlueMoonEclipse
Originally posted by 97whitESi the fact that you get to have OH SO MUCH FUN adjusting governor weights, kickdown dealies, bands, ratios, ughhhh good thing we have compcontrolled trannies and good thing i got rid of that a413 and lebaron
Uhhhh dude...... Manual Valve body......no more adjusting weights of the gov to compensate for increased line pressure..and no more fiddling with a kickdown cable either

i woulda swapped an a523 in instead...

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3437 Previous topic | Next topic