Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2902
View in threaded mode

Subject: "This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?" Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranMay-22-04 12:19 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2902, "This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"

Anyone know which ecu pin number does pin 44 of the tcu go to?

I am trying to get the p.o.s. pocketlogger to work and that mike dude is saying to cut the damn wire at the tcu, but obviously he doesn't have a 2g, and there is a mess of wires down there that infact face the firewall, meaning I have to unbolt the freaking tcu, and all this BS. Help me I am pissed!!!!! I spent over 200 bucks to get something that reads to parameters (non fuel and timing related), at 6 samples per second.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
InFiNiT3May-22-04 02:01 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2904, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 0

y do u have to cut it? what does it suposivly control.... i might be able to tell ya after that..

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranMay-22-04 06:16 PM
4359 posts,
#2910, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 1
May-22-04 06:17 PM by jsupetran

Well it is suppose to fix the gliches that eclipse 95-99 atx nt have with the data logger.

If I cut, mike (from datalogger) said it will work like the manual versions. I just have to wire a switch to that thing, which is crap. I am probably just gonna return this damn thing.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

InFiNiT3May-22-04 07:46 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#2912, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 2

u wanna know a company that works? r u useing this w/ a pda?
cutting that wire will tell the datalogger what gear youre in... but think of it.. the ecu will be brainless then.... not a good idea w/ our electronicly control atx's

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

jsupetranMay-22-04 09:15 PM
4359 posts,
#2914, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 3

It;s from pocketlogger.com actually, and those are the directions from the main guy. I don't know, this is way too much of a hassle for 200. I hope thadawg email me so I can buy a different logger, and return this pos.

-------jezreel
Boostin since Aug 03.

soulcontrollerMay-23-04 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#2919, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 4

if you have a pocketlogger, there is an atx version of the software that will allow you to log all the available perameters. send me an email and i will get you the correct version of the software.

the pin 44 is to allow the pocketlogger to read the CEL codes. im yet to splice that wire because i dont know if it will cause any detrimental effects, if any. im going to splice a switch on it eventually and see how it goes.

let me know whats up.

alain95i4May-23-04 06:01 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#2920, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 5

you won't read CEL from a tranny computer !

So the pin 44 you are talking about is the one on the ECM under the hood
and not the pin 44 of the TCM which is behind the radio inside the car

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

jsupetranMay-23-04 07:17 AM
4359 posts,
#2921, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 6
May-23-04 07:18 AM by jsupetran

Btw I am not insane, but Mike Maltavo of pocketlogger says that the tcu prevents the pocketlogger from reading the cel codes like it does on the manual. Cutting the 44pin @ the tcu will let the logger mimic the manual ecu in code reading. So does anyone have a clue as the what pin the 44 tcu is at the ecu under the hood?

Here's the thread:
http://www.pocketlogger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180

"It took me a while (thats an understatement), but I have finally got the 2GNT ECU/TCU working on the bench and I can see how it works.

Those of you who would like to use the regular version of PocketLOGGER instead of the special "2GNT auto" version, you need to clip the wire on pin 44 of the TCU (located under the center console). It should be a white with blue stripe. This should also fix your error reading problems.

Because the 2GNT auto group is very small compared to the rest of the OBDII users, and the fact that adding code to make a stock 2gNT auto work with PocketLOGGER will add overhead and likely slow the connection down for everyone else, I believe this to be the best solution. "

The auto atx version still doesn't read CEL codes (which sucks) so to do so, I have to cut the wire, and hook it up to a switch. MMMKAY

-------jezreel
Boostin since Aug 03.

jsupetranMay-23-04 07:20 AM
4359 posts,
#2922, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by soulcontroller
if you have a pocketlogger, there is an atx version of the software that will allow you to log all the available perameters. send me an email and i will get you the correct version of the software. the pin 44 is to allow the pocketlogger to read the CEL codes. im yet to splice that wire because i dont know if it will cause any detrimental effects, if any. im going to splice a switch on it eventually and see how it goes. let me know whats up.

Yeah can you shoot me an email?

Jesus, I look for the tcu wire under the console, HOLY SHIT, it freaking hard to get to. That's why I would rather locate the wire under the hood since the tcu connects to the ecu under the hood.

-------jezreel
Boostin since Aug 03.

mcgyvrMay-23-04 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2925, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 8

Pocketlogger is incorrect with the pin number, pin 44 is autostick up. which obviously isnt working on our cars (well it does if you do the autostick mod) but there is no wire there and if there was it would go to the hall effect sensor on the autostick shifter.

The wire color may be correct info from them though, but I wouldnt just go cutting wires on the TCU until you get more info from pocketlogger. ask them exactly what the wire is for. they could be asking you to cut the CCD bus wires (big NO NO)

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

thedawgMay-25-04 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#2942, "RE: This is rediculous... Pin44 on tcu 44 (white wire with blue stripe) to ecu wire?"
In response to Reply # 9

FYI, my laptop-based datalogger cable from http://obd-2.com works perfectly with all sensor inputs, and can read and clear codes just fine on my 99 420a ATX and 95 4g63 ATX. No pins cut, works right out of the box with 3 different software packages. It's slow, but thats just how OBD2 is.

Return it IMO.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2902 Previous topic | Next topic