Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1738
View in threaded mode

Subject: "how hard do you drive your A604?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
DvSEclipseAug-09-03 11:26 AM
Member since Aug 15th 2002
46 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1738, "how hard do you drive your A604?"

i've been realizing that I drive my car pretty hard sometimes, its seen 6K rpms more than a couple times a week, I take off O/D from a stop and switch it back on when i'm above 55-60 mph. *is that safe?* how do you guys drive your a604?

97 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
soulcontrollerAug-09-03 01:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1739, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 0

i redline all the time.

lately ive been slightly downshifting using my o/d and "2". i never use L.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2Aug-09-03 01:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1740, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 1

I run it HARD... all the time! I also manually use every gear including O/D. My tranny loves the action.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Joe B SlowAug-09-03 02:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1741, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 2

Ya know...i got to thinking the other day. I was reading a write up on the valve body of our tranny. It mentioned that other than each "valve" for each "gear", there is a manual valve. The manual valve is for going from like P to R to D to etc. So im thinking now that it doesnt hurt the tranny to downshift/upshift. BUT...going from 4th to 3rd at an insane speed WILL hurt the engine. Like being at a comftarble rev and then downshifting and nearly redlining might not be a cool idea.

But yea I drive my car hard. Got a tranny cooler and now a tranny cooler water spraye . So i hope that helps.

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

InFiNiT3Aug-09-03 03:00 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#1742, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 3

i drive it hard

M50 I6 DOHC,dinan CAI , Remus Cat back , Volt. regulator, AA stg II software, Centerforce stg 2 clutch w/ alum dual mass flywheel,Stang 27lb inj.,Rouge chasis kit, Mayle balljoints, M3 X brace, 3.35 diff.Bavauto springs w/ tokito struts/shocks.

1997 GS- RIP
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

python6586Aug-09-03 05:40 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1743, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 4

i drive it very hard, i manually shift all teh time but you gotta watch with doin that the needle on the temp guage almost flys off the gauge, just today shifting around the temp went up 50* backed off for a while it went back down had a lil scare ther for a minute

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Joe B SlowAug-09-03 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1744, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 5

Only reason it does that is because of the speed of the fluid inside the tranny increasing causing lots of fluid friction, i imagine.

You'll see that the temp jumps back down once it slows down and cools things down again.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

ajna_starAug-09-03 06:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#1745, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 6

6k a cople times a week LOL

i see 6k a couple times a DAY

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

K-MaK22Aug-09-03 07:39 PM
Member since Jul 09th 2003
63 posts,
#1747, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 7

>6k a cople times a week LOL
>
>
>i see 6k a couple times a DAY

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly lol, and why do you guys manually shift, from what i see on this board it makes no difference then leaving it in drive.

RIP 97 GS

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - STOCK

Joe B SlowAug-09-03 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1748, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 8

<why do you guys manually shift, from what i see on this board it makes no difference then leaving it in drive.>

Leave your car in "2" one day and watch what happens. 2nd gear is the strongest/longest gear we have. Tach it up in 2nd to about 3800 and slam the gas. Watch what happens. Slam the gas in 4th and you drop into 2nd gear and its over in about 1 second. Leaving the gear in 2nd lets you stay in second longer cause you have more control.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

python6586Aug-10-03 05:58 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1749, "RE: how hard do you drive your A604?"
In response to Reply # 9

the only reason i shift is cuz i wanted a manual didnt get one so i use this as one its more fun. especially when driven through town u gotta get those rpms up.

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1738 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic