Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #774
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????" Previous topic | Next topic
GregstoofastApr-30-03 07:59 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#774, "HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"

wasup guys...i went to the track lastnight lookin for a low 11 high 10 pass...and my car slowed down...i ran a 11.701...

the only changes i made was header,high flow cat,final gears,and shift kit...b4 i had a test pipe...

i did run a 11.547...the week b4...so guys any clue of whats wrong here???should i put a test pipe back on it and trash the high flow cat...or take it back to the tranny shop and have them change the gears around(i think they was put in wrong)

mods for the 11.701 run...::::p&pTB,msd coil pack,msd 8.5mm plug wires,bosch plat+4 plugs,aem cai,obx header,catco high flow cat,uni muffler.final gears,and shift kit

mods for the 11.547 run...::::p&pTB,msd coil pack,msd 8.5mm plug wires,bosch plat+4 plugs,aem cai,uni muffler

any clue guys???i want to run low 11s high 10s with my set up but cant ...on the street i can smoke cars that run high-mid 10s...

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DirtyApr-30-03 11:34 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#775, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 0

Well those times don't make any since to me cause I don't know shit about 1/8 mile times, but if you think the guy put the gears in wrong, you should make sure that they are so you can fix them. If all is correct, them try again with the testpipe. I don't see how it could make that much of a difference, but if it works, it works. If things are still not good, then I don't know what the hell is happening with your car.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GregstoofastApr-30-03 03:00 PM
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#778, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 1

well...i dont know how the other gears came out...i was wantin to do it myself but the way i brake shit my wife said no...so i took it to him and left it over night...the high flow cat shold have gave me more bottom end(what i need for the 1/8 mile)than the test pipe...i had the same amout of gas...had everything gutted like b4(when i ran the 11.547)

when i put the other motor in it i'm think about goin 5-speed...

thanks dirty...but any info on which gear goes were???and i'll pull it apart and look at it...

<--Eclipse Racer-->

GregstoofastApr-30-03 03:01 PM
243 posts,
#779, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 2

and my 60 foot droped by 0.050 seconds at the most...and my mph is about 5 mph faster

<--Eclipse Racer-->

DirtyApr-30-03 03:15 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#781, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 3

I can't remember which one has more teeth. Somebody here knows. We don't get to many reads anymore. I'll do some searching.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Joe B SlowApr-30-03 04:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#785, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 4

Id bet its the bottom one. Cause it says "46/50" id think the bottom one would be the "bottom" one on the ratio.

Joe

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

mcgyvrMay-01-03 04:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#794, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 5

did you also think about weather conditions/tire pressure/tire wear,etc.. maybe you just didnt drive as well last night.

and you really cant put the gears in backwards, you would know it by now if they did, maybe they didnt even put them in at all
I dont trust anyone to do my mods, you never know if they were done right.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

GregstoofastMay-01-03 06:53 AM
243 posts,
#795, "RE: HEY GUYS WTF IS WRONG HERE????"
In response to Reply # 6

the weather felt about the same...i looked at the gears that he gave me back and he did put the new ones in...tire presure was the same(32lbs in the front 45lbs in the rear)it cant be tire wear cas the only time i use the 15s is at the track...i hooked better this time too...and not to brag on myself or anything...i know how to drive...u can ask anyone that knows me...

i was runin 11.75 pretty consistant...and then it rain and they stoped the races for a minute...after it stoped they let us race again...and thats when i ran the 11.701...

i dunno....

<--Eclipse Racer-->

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #774 Previous topic | Next topic