Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3509
View in threaded mode

Subject: "tranny problem" Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiFeb-21-05 04:50 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3509, "tranny problem"

Alright, not sure if this has happened to anyone...after installing my intercooler i noticed that one of the pipes seem to irritate one of the sensors on the tranny block (the black one). When I start the guy I thought everything was all good. However, when I try to switch to D (drive), the damn shifter would automatically shift back to neutral...I didnt want to keep it on drive because it is always desperately switching back to neutral. I have no problems hitting reverse but for some strange reason it wouldnt allow me to go any further than neutral. I assume its the sensor. But when I took off the intercooler pipe so that the sensor could fit perfectly in, it would do the same. Is my sensor messed up now or something? Please help...I need to use my car by the end of wed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
mcgyvrFeb-22-05 04:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3510, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 0

you sure the IC piping is not hitting the mechanical connection to the tranny, ie where the cable from the shifter feeds into the tranny.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bokchoiFeb-22-05 10:17 AM
412 posts,
#3513, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 1

I doubt it - I even tried doing this without the ic pipe (one from tb to fmic) and I get the same problem. Which connection are you talking about anyway so maybe I could check it out. But as I see it there shouldnt be any problems with the connections.

P.S. There are three sensors on the tranny block right? a yellow one and two black ones.

mcgyvrFeb-23-05 06:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3514, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Im talking about the physical connection from the shifter cable to the tranny. look under where the intake tube used to go right about the solenoid pack and you will see the cable and its connection location, Im not talking about any sensors but the physical connection from the shifter cable.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Keith2172Feb-25-05 06:39 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#3517, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 3

it is PHYSICALLY moving the shifter back into nuetral? Im with mcgyvr, you have to have something in the way of the shift linkage, the one on top of the tranny with the black boot on it, if not that then Im clueless as to how a sensor would MOVE the shifter.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

bokchoiFeb-27-05 05:25 PM
412 posts,
#3518, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-27-05 05:26 PM by bokchoi

Yep, you guys were right. My catch can was blocking it from moving. Thanks a lot you guys, appreciate the help: points for you guys

Keith2172Mar-02-05 06:08 AM
1281 posts,
#3521, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 5

glad you got it figured out, theres a lot of fun to be had with the auto's, their not as fast as manual but there's still a lot to do to them and fun to be had doing it (final gears, shift kit, torque reduc. mod, etc.) Have fun

InFiNiT3Mar-02-05 11:37 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#3523, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 6

i had an assshole install my alarm syren there b4... dumb fuck!
lol

*the ATX god*

02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?

Keith2172Mar-02-05 01:18 PM
1281 posts,
#3524, "RE: tranny problem"
In response to Reply # 7

I forgot where I read it, but I read a story about some electrical engineer who checked and looked and designed and calculated and then decided to mount the horn for his alarm securely to his car by screwing it into the radiator! As smart as he may have been, he just wasn't a mechanic.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3509 Previous topic | Next topic