Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2286
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
mcgyvrNov-22-03 04:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2286, "New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"

http://www.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=56348
and here too http://www.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=56345

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
mcgyvrNov-22-03 06:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2288, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 0

I did it, its not worth anything, you loose passing gear on the highway (which SUCKS royally), no chirping of tires, no nothing, I actually ran soo rich it wasnt even funny, I could smell raw gas.

Sorry guys this mods not for me, and probably not for anyone.
Maybe with more power it would be noticable, but for my modded avenger it did NOTHING.

You dont get a cel which is good but other than that I think it actually made the car slower

basically car is normal until you get on the highway, and if your cruising at 70 or whatever and slam the gas to pass it just stays in 4th (which sucks)

Sorry it was worth a try

Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoNov-22-03 03:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2294, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 1

damn got so enthusiastic...my poor ass is gonna go back to looking

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

mcgyvrNov-23-03 05:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2299, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 2

actually now that Im messing with it cause I havent hooked the wire back up yet it actually does work I guess

I can brake torque and lay rubber instead of the engine bogging down, so I guess it does work, you really need to install a switch on it though so you can get passing gear function back when you need it then hit the switch and be able to peel out.

Mods are:
Not enough

mcgyvrNov-23-03 05:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2300, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 3

and actually its kind of fun to corner with, you can just mash the gas down and not have to worry about switching into 3rd and rocketing off out of control. its more of a gradual accelleration into the turns, its fun.

Mods are:
Not enough

mcgyvrNov-23-03 07:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2301, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 4

At first I didnt notice anything except for the loss of passing gear at 70mph+ and yes at first I smelled raw gas too, but now I dont notice the gas and the car does shift much harder (TCM must be learning). A switch is a good idea, this is similar to the TQ lockup mod in that you only want it working sometimes.
Im gonna rig up a box with TQ lockup/Torque reduction and autostick buttons. The Torque reduction button would work good with the autostick causing the gears to stay where they are instead of the tcm bumping you down into 3rd for passing.

and yes with a higher stall TQ/shift kit ,autostick, high enegry rebuild kit , this mod and the TQ lockup mod these trannies could be fun for once.

Mods are:
Not enough

ChamukoNov-23-03 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2302, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 5

Any chance of a formal write up?
It seems that not everything is clear, between a reply here and a post there some things are foggy.

Even you mentioned you forgot to plug a wire back in.

Just a thought.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

js99rsNov-23-03 07:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#2304, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 6

is it just the 4-3 shift that wont work or does it not downshift at all when you mash the gas (3-2 and 2-1)?
That is really shitty that the ecu takes torque away to soften shifts

-jason

mcgyvrNov-24-03 01:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2305, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 7

you only loose passing gear when you are cruizin in 4th at 70+mph and try to slam on the gas it wont go back to 3rd for that passing gear <-- thats why wiring a switch is good.

all you do is just cut wire 63 (orange with black stripe)from the ecu and either just leave it and tape the cut wires up, or wire in a switch to it, so you can turn it on and off. I will do a write up if you want. This only works on automatics with the TCU seperate from the ECU. basicaly anyone with a pin 63 thats orange with a black stripe.

like this

Stock
TCMpin10--------------pin63ECU

Modified
TPMpin10------Switch-----pin63ECU
thats it

Mods are:
Not enough

FranklindsmNov-24-03 02:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#2306, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 8

damn you mcgyvr. Show us a new mod after I total my car! lol

I coulda used that too, cause i was coming around a turn and pushed the gas and i slammed into 3rd gear and then slammed into a pole.

Course I told the insurance I lost control and the pole hit m

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

ModeratorCorbinNov-24-03 06:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2308, "RE: New free mod, torque reduction sensor switch"
In response to Reply # 9

Oooh...this sounds sweet. So, we could get rid of that irritating bog when you slam the gas from a stop. I've been dying to eliminate that. I'll have to see if this is possible on 1995's.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2286 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic