Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #598
View in threaded mode

Subject: "How A Shift Kit Works" Previous topic | Next topic
Joe B SlowApr-11-03 05:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#598, "How A Shift Kit Works"

http://www.drivetrain.com/transgoshiftkits.html

In case anyone new wanted to know how it works and what it improves there ya go. Might be a good FAQ or something.

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
mcgyvrApr-11-03 10:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#603, "RE: How A Shift Kit Works"
In response to Reply # 0

"But engineers have been asked to program the shifting for smoothness and comfort. Also, consumer attitude surveys show that drivers believe a soft, smooth shift is easier on the transmission. Actually, just the reverse is true. "

Kind of shoots your shift kits are bad on the tranny (internal parts) thinking out of the water.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Joe B SlowApr-11-03 10:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#607, "RE: How A Shift Kit Works"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-11-03 10:43 AM by Joe B Slow

ummm it kinda shoots your credibility in reading a reply. Because if you look back at the posts i made i specified the parts. Differential, Final Drive and Axle. Corbin and Soulcontroller got it. Why didn't you?

Im not gunna explain what I meant again, ive exhausted it and you seem to be the only person who doesnt get it.

IM me if you want or PM if you need for me to explain the reasoning behind my theory.

edit* here im a nice guy:

"You guys are missing the point, again. I didnt say internal parts like clutches and gears (other than final drive). There is more to a tranny than just the inner workings. Theres the final drive gears, what connects that to the diff, the axles and finally the wheels. I dont care about what goes on inside, i know a shift kit helps those out a lot. I'm talking about the transfer of energy after all that."

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

amljbsApr-11-03 01:22 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#610, "RE: How A Shift Kit Works"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-11-03 01:24 PM by amljbs

Well to an extent your saying anything could be bad on the tranny cause it makes more power and the more power is transferred the more potential for wear and tear. But I do know what your saying. Also I appreciate you posting the explanation above I thought I understood it and this just made me sure I understood it so thanks bro

1998 Eclipse GST

Joe B SlowApr-11-03 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#611, "RE: How A Shift Kit Works"
In response to Reply # 3

Exactly bro. No worries on the post. Im afraid the same thing happens to other people. They think they understand what it does or how it works til they really read that write up, and not just look for the performance gain. Thats what I did at first too, but then talking to mechanics and going through how much buying two transmissions can be...i dont take any chances in putting all my faith in a shift kit, just a little bit of it:).

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

soulcontrollerApr-11-03 02:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#612, "RE: How A Shift Kit Works"
In response to Reply # 4

the "mechanics" i talked to about the shift kit were assholes lol. they told me its only for professional installation, and that was about it. it was the product support number on the instructions. oh well!

Joe B SlowApr-11-03 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#613, "RE: How A Shift Kit Works"
In response to Reply # 5

lmao - the product support told you it was for professional install? hahaha thats funny. Ive only heard that if you dont have any experience or knowledge, dont do it. You'll get stuck with too many pieces left over.

"What's this thing with all the holes and why isnt it in the tranny anymore?" {valve body}

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #598 Previous topic | Next topic