Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1746
View in threaded mode

Subject: "any of you auto guys got boost?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starAug-09-03 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1746, "any of you auto guys got boost?"

im about to get a hrc stg/2
how do AT's respond to boost? how fast does ur turbo spool..... likes dislikes etc etc

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
mcgyvrAug-10-03 09:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1750, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 0

I dont but everyone Ive heard about was lovin it, as long as you have AT LEAST a tranny cooler you will be fine runnin 10 lbs or whatever your doin with the stage 2
and you can build boost on the line and dont loose it during shifting

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajna_starAug-10-03 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#1751, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 1

i was told u cant break torwue to build boost on a 420a, and what do u mean loose it while shifting?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

soulcontrollerAug-10-03 03:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1752, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-10-03 03:56 PM by soulcontroller

get a higher stall converter if you want to brake torque.

we dont lose boost pressure because we dont 'lift to shift'. meaning the throttle plate doesnt close, and all the built boost doesnt exit through the bov until you let off the gas.

the a/t responds nicely to boost. its a completely different car!

jsupetranAug-26-03 08:54 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1813, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 3

i just installed my hrc stage one

this is me not on boost

this is on boost:) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

enough said, any questions

Dark RingleaderAug-27-03 04:30 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#1814, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'll be boosting soon and I've heard nothing but good things. The HRC kit is a nice choice as from what I've read the 16g spools faster than t3/t4 in the star kit, which is a lot better for the autos since we need all the help we can get off the line.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

DirtyAug-27-03 01:42 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1822, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 5

Workin on it.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

ChamukoAug-27-03 06:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#1823, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 6
Aug-27-03 06:49 PM by Chamuko

true....the 16g does spool faster. But I LOVE the t3/4. Once it spools...it runs like a mother. On sucky places for traction you can feel the torque steer.

oh forgot to mention that when you down shift in an auto you build boost instantly.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

jsupetranAug-28-03 03:10 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1825, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 7

how do you downshift in the auto?

Some of my thoughts: it definitely makes a night and day difference. even when i am not making boost (in vac), i feel more torgue. i still think that i can't launch against a mtx but it feels different. also, it sprinkled a little today and the onramp to the freeway was slightly wet. i floored it and from 20 and onward, my wheels were spinning and would not stop until i let off. i could have NEVER done this ever NA.

the best thing about it is that at least know, i can back up the looks of my car-even if its not the fastest car on the block, its better than 140.

-------jezreel

soulcontrollerAug-28-03 04:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1826, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 8

heh. just wait till you get tired of 7 psi...

and to help your launch, get a higher stall tq converter hehe. im installing my 3000 pretty soon. ill post the results up in the forum.

thedawgAug-28-03 01:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1827, "RE: any of you auto guys got boost?"
In response to Reply # 9

Don't brake torque on the stock Torque Convertor, imo. It heats up WAY too quick and I've noticed permanent damage after brake torquing. Your tranny cooler won't work either while you're warming up on the line.

On the plus side, ATX boosted is fun as hell. I actually gain boost between shifts, instead of losing it like MTX'ers do. Plus it backfires all cool and scares people.

Still on the stock tranny after 60k nonturbo and 20k turbo too.

I'm a ricer though, when I'm cruising... I let off between gears to get the Blowoff sound like an MTX

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1746 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic