Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4529
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!" First topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinJan-11-09 08:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4529, "Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"

It has been a couple years since I swapped my AT for the MT, but I finally set aside some time to make a web page about it. It is in the Wiki only:

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=ATMT

It is pretty serious, with 50+ images and a lot of text. It should make a good companion for the other resources out there.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
thormx353Jan-11-09 08:49 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2008
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4530, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 0

I was just looking at that page not to long ago wondering if you would ever finish it. I have been wanting to do this but not until i had steps to go by. Thanks man!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-28-09 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#4572, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice job Corbin. Another great contribution!

I contributed to the Wiki.

gsgoingTDec-25-09 08:12 PM
Member since Dec 23rd 2006
165 posts,
#4615, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 2

didn't see this before, just wanted to say BIG THANKS.

FasttopassMar-04-10 10:36 AM
Member since Feb 16th 2010
51 posts,
#4627, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by thormx353
I was just looking at that page not to long ago wondering if you would ever finish it. I have been wanting to do this but not until i had steps to go by. Thanks man!

Ive been thinking about doing this swap but Ive always wandered is it really worth it? How much more power makes it to the wheels vs time/effort. Are manuals really that much more fun to drive? I know how to drive a stick but never really tried driving fast with one.

From V's with 8 cylinders to rotarys that spin, as long as its fast everybody wins.

The 1011May-01-10 02:50 PM
Member since May 01st 2010
1 posts,
#4654, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 0

is the colors of the wiring different for a non turbo on the transmission?

astaindsoul5446Jun-01-10 01:40 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2006
65 posts,
#4662, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Corbin
It has been a couple years since I swapped my AT for the MT, but I finally set aside some time to make a web page about it. It is in the Wiki only: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=ATMT It is pretty serious, with 50+ images and a lot of text. It should make a good companion for the other resources out there. Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Humble servant of the Wiki

You are missing a few things though! You don't say exactly how to wire the speed sensor and reverse sensor.

Also the pic of your auto sensors are different than a 98, which should be specified! Only 4 plugs on a 98, in yours you have 5 plugs.

Geimers1Jan-14-11 08:35 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2010
20 posts,
#4682, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 0

hey thanks for the upload what so helpful

ModeratorCorbinFeb-11-11 08:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#4683, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 7

I added a picture of the starter relay, notice that I have pictured 1995 electrical plugs, and added some wiring details for the 1996-1999 cars. I have a 1995 and 1997-1999 manual, but nothing from 1996. I have assumed that the 1996 transmission is similar to the later years. If this is incorrect, let me know.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

AxisJul-26-11 11:56 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2011
23 posts,
#4710, "RE: Finally finished my AT to MT Swap Page!"
In response to Reply # 8

How would you do the ecu with a neon transmission?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4529First topic | Next topic