Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1902
View in threaded mode

Subject: "AT pan leaking..." 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipsekaiserSep-10-03 09:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1902, "AT pan leaking..."

Do we need a gasket for the pan to tranny junction? I know frahm sells a cork type gasket that is Po-po.

Or should I got Black RTV, on the Mofo...maybe even Copper RTY to piss Dan off

Planning to replace the filter as well. Might go stock filter with it.

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
soulcontrollerSep-11-03 04:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1903, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 0

ive always used black rtv gasket maker on the pan. there is a reusable gasket that is available, i think it retails for around 40 bucks though. i dont have a part number for it, but someone posted about it in here a while back.

make sure you clean off the mating surface of the pan before you apply new RTV. i do every time and i havent had a leak from the seal yet.

yes, just use a new stock filter.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinSep-11-03 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1904, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 1

Yep, that cork Fram one sucks. I'm using it now and it leaks a little. I should probably use RTV.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

DirtySep-11-03 02:48 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1905, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 2

I use the blue RTV. I use the black on my oil pan. I don't really know why I do this but it's kinda like tradition now, so I always have both in my garage. Fuck it.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

eclipsekaiserSep-11-03 11:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#1906, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 0

Cool cool. I think RTV it is. Might just use the copper RTV since I have a few tube of that. Plus it has copper resin in it, hence the higher heat tolerance.

thank you to everybody that responded.

-K-

amljbsSep-13-03 09:37 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1907, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah Ive always used the blue RTV for tranny work but really only reason for that is because when I first did the Final Drive mod thats what they recommended.

1998 Eclipse GST

WIKKISep-14-03 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#1917, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 5

after seeing rtv in the filter that I last replaced, I have sworn off the sealent forever. I don't think that it is a big issue for most engines and transmissions, but ours is reported to be a picky sh*t. I went with the dealer trans pan gasket. it is a very quality piece, and it allows me to pull the pan whenever I want, and replace without waiting for the %&$#@ RTV to dry.

just my 2¢

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Teamdougie2Sep-14-03 05:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1921, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 6

Use ATF-RTV instead of regular RTV sealant. It's specifically engineered to repel ATF. GET THE MOPAR ATF PAN GASKET! It's great! USe it with ATF-RTV (black) and you'll never see a pan leak again. Trust me on this one guys... I've pulled that pan more times than I can count and I must say the re-usable gasket is worth every penny I spent on it!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

soulcontrollerSep-14-03 05:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1922, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 7

yea, im sure that reusable gasket is nice. its a huge pain in the ass to seal up the pan only to remember you forgot to install something and have to rip it all apart again hehe. at least thatsa what ive heard

nice to see you finally got a sig pic doug.

thedawgSep-15-03 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1933, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 8

I swear Kaiser, if you use copper RTV, I'mma spray paint it black!

Altho, you could go with an All-Orange motif, and get orange neon underglows to match your HRC kit heat shielding... Maybe spray the valve cover Mopar orange... Orange brake calipers.

Ok, I feel sick now.

eclipsekaiserSep-17-03 07:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#1948, "RE: AT pan leaking..."
In response to Reply # 7

You got a part number for that Mopar pan gasket?

-K-

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1902 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic