Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #134
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Shift kit install gone bad!!!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyMar-08-03 04:32 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134, "Shift kit install gone bad!!!"

Well, I was hoping to give some good info on my project for this weekend but it seems I've fucked myself up pretty good once again. I was trying to take pics and everything for you guys but it will be at least a week before I can continue will this.

After I removed all the 10mm bolts from the valvebody, I was pulling it out (that bastard didn't wanna come out either) and..........well, I broke some shit. I don't know what the hell this thing is called (if anyone knows please let me know so I can order a new one) but it's black and PLASTIC!!! Here are some pics of it removed and some pics of the broken PLASTIC piece that I need to get so I can drive my car again.

Please help me out if you know anything about this.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Joe B SlowMar-08-03 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Im a lil bit shady on this, but I was looking at some things on the internet today for transmissions and saw something JUST like that. It was called a "kickdown" something or other. I looked on the CAPs and got the number 26198, that is the part number im guessing. If I can find more info for you ill post. Til then good luck!

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyMar-08-03 04:45 PM
1405 posts,
#136, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanx alot man! I don't know how I'm gonna get out of this one.

There are 2 numbers on the plastic piece.

4659676AB
and

I don't know if either of these are part #s or not but I'm hoping one of them is, or else I don't really know what to order. Is there any way you can look up something by the part number?

"Natty Ride"

Joe B SlowMar-08-03 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#137, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm searching the hell out of those numbers. But I cant find crap. Ill keep searching though til i find something!

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

DirtyMar-08-03 04:55 PM
1405 posts,
#138, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-08-03 05:07 PM by Dirty

Fuckloads of props for you trying though man! All the love here at Team 2gNT!

I did get to put in the drain plug and magnets though.

"Natty Ride"

Joe B SlowMar-08-03 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#139, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-08-03 05:37 PM by Joe B Slow

**edit** i feel like a dumbass. Gimme a second though, I think i found what you need.

Joseph

edit #2

Ok, I typed in the 4659676AB at autozone.com. It returned back with a neutral safety switch. Looked on google.com images and it came back with a switch that is external on the transmission, like a plug. The only thing you could do now I guess is go to autozone, show em the part and let them help you out. Cause i searched the f*ck out of those numbers everywhere and didnt get anything. Got REALLY close but cigar good luck

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

WIKKIMar-08-03 07:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#140, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

I don't think that this is an autozone type part. I looked on Spartan motor marts site to find the part and I'm not doin' so well for ya. this seems to be the valve body parts that are available online.

you might want to put this in the hands of a dealer parts wiz. maybe if Bob Kise has e-mail at his dealersip, you could e-mail your pic and have him help (I have heard that he is quite helpful).

this SUCKS man! I'll keep working on this o-k?

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

DirtyMar-08-03 07:08 PM
1405 posts,
#141, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-08-03 07:11 PM by Dirty

Thanx again for trying. I haven't come up with anything either. I think I'll try to email these pics to Bob Kise on monday and maybe he can tell me what this is.

Hopefully I'll have this done by next weekend. I hope I didn't scare anyone away from doing this mod to their tranny. I never have anything work the first time anymore. I think it might all be worth it in the end.

"Natty Ride"

DirtyMar-08-03 07:26 PM
1405 posts,
#143, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-08-03 07:32 PM by Dirty

Damn Wikki, We keep posting at the same time. Thanx alot man!

Just wanted to say you guys are the only reason I feel confident enough to do this shit without anyone else here to help out.

POINTS FOR EVERYBODY!!!

"Natty Ride"

WIKKIMar-08-03 07:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#144, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Wohoo!
I found it! it is called a "Trans Range Sensor". it looks like list price through a dealer is like $29

here
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=selectTree&CatalogID=1&siteid=213764

I found this at Chrysler Parts Direct
http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/moparonline.htm

peace
WIKKI

THIS is f**king THIS!

WIKKIMar-08-03 07:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#145, "RE: Shift kit install gone bad!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

again

Wohoo!
I found it! it is called a "Trans Range Sensor". it looks like list price through a dealer is like $29

here
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=selectTree&CatalogID=1&siteid=213764

I found this at Chrysler Parts Direct
http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/moparonline.htm

peace
WIKKI

THIS is f**king THIS!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #134 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic