Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2003 DSM Shootout topic #572
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Race results?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMetalJimJul-20-03 09:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#572, "Race results?"

I couldn't make it this year, maybe next. Just wondering how the racers did. Someone here raced, right? Good results? Any wins?

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.901 @ 88.34mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamXtremeRSJul-21-03 03:35 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#574, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 0

I did terrible, had major traction probs, and bad launches. The last run i made though, had a decent launch, but then when i shifted to 2nd, i lost all traction so i had to back off, then, i missed the 3-4 shift, tried power shifting it, and didnt pop into 4th. My best time was a 14.7. My best MPH was a 101.4 Def good enough for high 13's. Matt_95tgs pulled off a 14.2 run. Good job man!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JWoodleyJul-21-03 06:02 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#578, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 1

did Jon(95greenhrcgs) go and if so did he race? i've been begging for numbers on his 2.2l turbo.

2hot97GSJul-21-03 06:57 AM
Member since Aug 18th 2002
413 posts,
#579, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 2

he went.. he didnt race but he put that thing on the dyno.... untuned it made great power.. i just cant remember the numbers

Travis
Blue 93 Talon AWD
Best Time 11.9 w/ 104 octane
-Objects in mirror are getting thier asses kicked-

corsagsboJul-21-03 07:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#580, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 3

I ran several times on Saturday... bested a 13.58 @109mph then the Zoom clutch with less than 1600 miles went south on me... from traction issues to 2nd to 3rd gear shifts slipping.. I decided to park the car for remainder of the day and make some attempts on Sunday to no avail... my best mph to date is just over 112 though.

420a and ej20... both with boost

mitsuman297Jul-21-03 07:28 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
#582, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 4

jon put down somewhere around 250hp and 270tq untuned at 15psi. I'm not 100% sure but i think those are about right.

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

TeamJasonESi_TJul-21-03 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#583, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 4

Wow great run man! I dont' remember seeing your car.

Any pics and what setup? what boost?

Nice times.

I didn't run my car at the track, being so far away from home, but perhaps next year.

I did manage to put down 245whp and 265 torque on the dyno. Not too bad for 14-15 psi.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

corsagsboJul-21-03 08:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#586, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 6

>Wow great run man! I dont' remember seeing your car.
>
>Any pics and what setup? what boost?
>
>Nice times.
>
>I didn't run my car at the track, being so far away from home,
>but perhaps next year.
>
>I did manage to put down 245whp and 265 torque on the dyno.
>Not too bad for 14-15 psi.

Thanks... I'm running what started out as an HRC 2.. now with 8.8 to 1 hats, 30lb injectors, missing link, 255 walbaro, quaife limited slip, and of other stuff I've fabbed.(turbo back 321 stainless 3" system etc..) oh, and was running a cocktail of 94 Sunoco with 3 gallons of 112 octane "go juice".. I did see vx100 and 2 others from the board.. it was a dissapointment to not meet as many as I had expected.

I have a crappy pic of the car to post but for some reason I can not attach it..

Administratoradmin3Jul-21-03 08:28 AM
Member since Nov 21st 2002
69 posts,
#587, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 7

Nice setup. I didn't see you at the Meet at Best Western.

How much boost by the way?

soulcontrollerJul-21-03 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#588, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 7

man! it would have been good to see you run. me and a couple other guys were saying no one hit sub 14 seconds in a 2gnt yesterday... i guess we were wrong!

as for jons car, it hit 230 hp and 270 torque on the 2.2l. he was having crazy wierd lean issues though, hitting 18:1 @ around 4000 rpms. there are some fuel issues goin on there i must say hehe.

corsagsboJul-21-03 08:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#589, "RE: Race results?"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-21-03 08:45 AM by corsagsbo

Yeah, I didn't make the BW meet due to not leaving my office in Clevland until afterwards, plus I had arrangements to meet up with some locals already set.. (some of you may have seen the white turbo Neon that won the event on Sat.).. as for me, I'm running 14-15psi and was scheduled for dyno tuning on Friday, but helped get the Neon running with the gen VII DFI instead.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2003 DSM Shootout topic #572 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic