Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #1863
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?" Previous topic | Next topic
KoryMar-27-02 05:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1863, "What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?"

Hey all,

I posted about a 2gnt datalogger cable not long ago and that is still in the works. However, I have the special opportunities to team up with a great shop and friends based in NorCali where there are a lot of 2gnters and no specialized shop.

www.prostreetonline.com <<< Visit them and tell them Kory sent ya!!!

Is the shop's name and I am looking to make some specialized parts for 2GNTs. Hopefully with their help we can make, cheaper and better quality parts like strut bars, lower tie bars, pulleys, etc.

What I would want to know is what parts are you guys interested in seeing? Let's start off small first (no turbo kits hehe). Just give me a list on what you would like to see. This will mostly be performance based parts not show items. THANKS!!!

And yeah go ahead and call them... they can get you parts like springs, exhausts, they also do engine work, custom stuff like roll cages... etc. Tell them Kory (with black RS and silver GSX) sent ya

Buying a honda is wrong, trying to mod it is a sin, saying it's fast is a crime.

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
KoryMar-27-02 05:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1864, "RE: What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?"
In response to Reply # 0

Just a thought: Sheet metal intake manifold? It could be done. Ill use my own RS on it

Buying a honda is wrong, trying to mod it is a sin, saying it's fast is a crime.

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Mar-27-02 05:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1865, "RE: What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?"
In response to Reply # 1

I think someone made a custom sheet metal intake a while ago (may have been an asog guy) and it cost way too much and wasn't streetable. I say start off easy, like a rear lower strut bar that looks like those DC Sports bars (rectangular with holes in the middle). I love how those look hehe. I think it's easier to start off small with cheaper parts that a lot of people would order.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

DarkHumorMar-27-02 05:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#1866, "RE: What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?"
In response to Reply # 2

If you want to start simple. Like you said strut bars. A Cold air intake would be a definite winner. Different colors are a must. Egine dress up parts as well. As for the sheet metal intake. I beleive a guy in canada makes one. And of coarse the venom one. But that is way to expensive. BUt i would love to see a supercharger made for our cars. But till then i will be happy boostin my 1st gen!

HadesOmegaMar-27-02 06:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1867, "RE: What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?"
In response to Reply # 2

Try to copy the neuspeed strut bar. That is a great bar but not easily available. I see lots of people going AWWW I missed the group but. Hell if you want you could make super neuspeed strut bar that utilizes a neuspeed style and traditional style setup but but has a triangular support inbetween the two. Haha basically a 3point strut bar. Haha actually that'll be a 5 or six point!

We could use a good front lower tie bar as well, that one from RRE is too low I desperately want to get mine modified to give me more clearance.

Maybe some decently priced sway bars upgrade packages. If you can fabricate arms for RSs you can make an upgrade kit. You could even fabricate aliminum or even titanium arms for us. It'll make the swap more desirable cuz it'll also reduce weight and stregnthen the arms.

For 86s I see these things called roll center adjusters. Basically they're block that makes your lowered 2GNT arms go from this \\_// to this //-\\ . It corrects the arms the way they're suppose to be, with this \\_// you can get snap cornering. I heard it worx well in 86s so it might work for us. modifying the idea for us though is the tough part. we'd need to engineer someway to move the arms on the rear cross member, and I'm not sure how to do the front.

Another thing could be rear camber adjusters. What exactly does the ingalls camber kit do again? It adds eccentric bolts to adjust camber on the inside arm points? I was looking at the rear knucle the other day and if you could modify the end of the upper arm with a eccentric bolt adjuster you could move the knuckle around with only one bolt. I can't remember if it's like that already for the ingalls. Haha kory u should know you got em.

Haha I always wanted a skid plate!

ok this is a turbo thing though, I want a freakin heatshield for my turbine housing and manifold. Try to design a heat shield that bolts up to the bolts on the turbine housing on the star and HRC kits. See you only have to make two kinds because we pretty much only have 2 kinds of turbos on 2GNTs. There are quite a few turbo guys now also. Plus you could sell it to other peeps that got t3/t4 or 16gs.

Haha I've always wanted to try a rally style ebrake lever... j/k! that thing is too monstrous.

ahhh soo many things I want made but I can't think right now. That'll be all for now hehe.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

FuSi0NMar-28-02 03:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#1868, "RE: What 2GNT Parts are we LACKING?"
In response to Reply # 4

Dang you guys are just down the street from where I work.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #1863 Previous topic | Next topic