Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #1748
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT" Previous topic | Next topic
that_cool_guy18Mar-16-02 07:05 AM
Member since Feb 02nd 2002
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1748, "I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"

In ten days i will be the proud owner of a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4. 5.9 0-60 times!! woo hoo. my eclipse does 0-60 in about 7.8-8.1. not sure exactly but the neon is bad as hell. my dodge dealer is some super dealer so they get cars before any other dodge dealer gets to sell them. what do you all think 5.9 0-60 equalls to in a 1/4? you think it will be in the 13s?

the eclipse is gon but i sold it to my brother so it is still in the famil i bought the nissan se-r spec i like it for the price i paid. once the aftermarket starts coming into play i will have one hella fast biotch. i gteched her at 15.4 with 1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
xEclipsE RaceRxMar-16-02 08:25 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1749, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 0

Diamn dude, congrats! 205 HP in a NEON stock. Does it look like this? What color you gonna get?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary Edition
- Weapon R1 Atom Bomb Exhaust
- Super White Hood Lights
-----Future Mods-----
- AEM CAI
- AFX UDP
- Eibach Sport Lines 2" Drop
- Tokico Blue Shocks
http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos.asp?mi=3&smi=1&a=55649

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

snowboarderMar-16-02 10:03 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2001
283 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1750, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 1

you might be high 14's into 15's i don't see you doing 13's stock....
I would think that you'd be in the 15's

that_cool_guy18Mar-16-02 05:58 PM
147 posts,
#1751, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 2

that would be the one. i dont know what color (does it really matte ) i didnt order it. i called the dealer and asked when they would start getting them. he said there will be some there in ten days. its gonna be in the 14s.
nissan se-r spec v does sometghing like 7.4 0-60 and its 1/4 is 15.5
volkswagen gti 1.8t 0-60 in 7.1 its 1/4 is 15.3
ford focus svt 0-60 in 7.5 1/4 is 15.77 (w/ traction control)
dodge neon srt-4 0-60 5.9 1/4 is ? im guessing low 14s or hell maybe even high 13s
the subarue impreza does 13.1 and its 0-60 time is 5.6.
ill will tell you all as soon as i get it on the track
i have to work like crazy now just to afford it thoug
so not that much racing in my near future

the eclipse is gon but i sold it to my brother so it is still in the famil i bought the nissan se-r spec i like it for the price i paid. once the aftermarket starts coming into play i will have one hella fast biotch. i gteched her at 15.4 with 1

Dave_FLMar-17-02 12:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#1752, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 3

The WRX does not run 13.1. They run more like mid 14's. And they have All Wheel Drive and 220hp. So at 205 hp you should be in the mid to high 14's but I dont see how you could get a 13 out of it. But I am sure that they willl be easily upgraded once the aftermarket companies start making stuff for them.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

that_cool_guy18Mar-16-02 05:59 PM
147 posts,
#1753, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 2

thats crazy!!1 high 14s or low 15s. it will be high 13s

Teameclipse804Mar-16-02 07:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1754, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 5

I think you'll be lucky to get into the low 14's to be honest. Those times are with professional drivers, and think of it this way. Most gst's do 0-60 in 6.xx seconds, and hit mid 14 to low 15 second quarter mile times. With 205 hp, I don't think you'll get into the 13's even though the car is lighter.

Ok, I just tried it on a horsepower calculator, and assuming the car weights 2500 lbs with you in it, you'd get about a 14.6:

Car weight: 2500 lbs.
Horsepower: 205 hp
Configuration: Front Wheel Drive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results
Quarter Mile Acceleration: 14.688 seconds.
Terminal speed: 101.6688 mph.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

fasterGSMar-17-02 04:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1755, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 6

I just read the specs of a few different cars in Sport Compact Car and it listed the wrx in the low 14s. Id say that neon will be in the mid to high 14s. It has the same HP as a GS-T, but yet your expecting 13s out of it?? Wishful thinking, I hope it does that for you, but my first instinct says no.

HadesOmegaMar-17-02 05:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1756, "RE: I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT"
In response to Reply # 7

heh the question is how much punishment that engine can take. I hope chrysler engineered that sucka for boost. Nice FMIC hehe it's a tad on the small side though, the mitsu one is gonna be huge compared to that. But I'd have to see for myself. Have fun with it dude.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #1748 Previous topic | Next topic