Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20814
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Adam HahnMay-21-07 09:16 AM
Member since Jan 06th 2007
28 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20814, "A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"

To all of you loyal and loving fans of the Hahn RS, I am sad to inform you that the car is now put to rest. Here is a little bit of the story of what happened:

The car had been out of commision for quite some time and my dad figured that instead of letting it sit in the corner in the shop, that he would pass the car down to me if I put all of the heating/ac and motor back into it. It wouldn't be boosted (It was a 100k mile motor from my black Eclipse), but I would be able to drive it to and from school and own it. So I decided it was a killer deal and spent my whole Christmas break putting it all back together. I finally finished the car and got it all tested and legalized in mid January. I continued to drive it to and from school for no more than a month when the fateful day came.

I was on my way home from school and I was coming up on a stop light that had just turned yellow. I could easily make it through so I didn't slow down or stop, just kept my pace. A car from the oncoming traffic turned left in front of me. It was kind of a risky move on her part, but no danger. Unfortunately, the lady behind her was not paying attention. She just followed the car in front of her and SLAMMED into the front left fender of the RS and sent me off into the corner of the intersection. When I came to a stop, I tried to get out of the car to no avail. The door was jammed shut. I climbed out of the passenger side door and looked at the damage. The suspension was all messed up, the fender and door were smashed in about 8 inches and tears began to flood my eyes.

She ended up getting the ticket. The tow truck pulled the RS away and both my dad and I were praying it wasn't totaled. The collision repair center said it was, and then changed their minds and said it wasn't. Then they changed their minds and said it was for sure this time. Needless to say, It was very hard to take out all of my personal belongings and items and say good bye to a car that meant so much to so many people.

So now all I have left is the front fender and a piece of sheetmetal from the door, and the many memories of the fun times had with the car. It's quite a sad way to end such a meaningful car.

R.I.P RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-21-07 09:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20815, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 0

Sad, sad, sad.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172May-21-07 10:00 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#20816, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 1

That's terrible news, glad you're okay though. Only one thing to do now... build a 9 sec. Eclipse RS!

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Diceman19May-21-07 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#20817, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 2

terrible news, glad you are ok though.

WickedESiMay-21-07 12:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#20818, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 2
May-21-07 12:44 PM by WickedESi

Sorry to hear that . It could have been worse though, so don't worry about it.

Originally posted by Keith2172
That's terrible news, glad you're okay though. Only one thing to do now... build a 9 sec. Eclipse RS!

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Adam HahnMay-21-07 03:20 PM
28 posts,
#20819, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 4

It was very sad and I thank all of you for being glad I'm ok. As far as a 9 second RS...Would a 9 second Sunfire be ok lol?

TeamDR1665May-21-07 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#20820, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 5

Dude! Find out where it's been parked since then (whatever yard). Snag a few odds and ends off of it and put them up on Ebay or something. Me, myself, I would pay a few bones for a piece of a legacy like that. Hell, I have a mangled clothes hanger from a Norwalk hotel the last year the RS showed at the Shootout.

Sad day, indeed, Adam. Good thing you're okay.

Moderatorcs82685May-21-07 05:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#20821, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 5
May-21-07 05:37 PM by cs82685

;( Sad to hear but glad you're ok. I remember finding Hahns site and falling in love with the idea of boosting my car, it took finding this site to actually be able to do it though. At least there's actually some people going balls to the wall on their own with this platform though even though you guys are out of the game. Gives hope to the little guys. Good luck in future endeavors

Originally posted by Adam Hahn
Would a 9 second Sunfire be ok lol?

Here's what I think: <---only because we don't have the puking smilie. 1 vote for puking smilie

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ezMay-21-07 06:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#20823, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 7

I am glad to hear you are okay - above everything else!

But as for the RS, you don't even know, that car was THE inspiration for me. Never met you or your pops, but you guys have done so much for the community, with that 10 second car and all your support for our engines, it really motivated me to do great things with my own RS. so so sad - I would like to have a piece of that car to put on my RS, even it was the hood latch or a seat belt bolt.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Adam HahnMay-21-07 07:08 PM
28 posts,
#20824, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 8

Maybe I will go out and find out which boneyard bought it and see if I can get a random order of parts for you guys. Each part would cost some money, but if y'all are willing, I'd do it.

totaleclipse_05May-21-07 07:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#20825, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to Reply # 8

Very sorry to hear man. I agree with what was stated earlier, that car has been an inspiration to many 2gnt'ers. I remember reading about the Hahn RS before I even owned my first eclipse and thought that was the coolest thing.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20814 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic