Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #730
View in threaded mode

Subject: "just got back from track" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Green_Eclipse_RSMar-10-02 06:12 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2002
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#730, "just got back from track"

I went to the track today and it is only an 1/8 mile track but i had a perfect launch and pretty much a perfect run. My time was 10.28 and my R/T was .20 My friends told me this was a pretty good run what are ur imputs. what about an est. 1/4 mi. time. I have a 98 eclipse rs with intake muffler plugs and plug wires.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Green_Eclipse_RSMar-10-02 06:13 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2002
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#731, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 0

i am a 5 speed forgot to mention that

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CVedEclipseMar-10-02 09:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#732, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 1

if you get a .20 reation time, dont you redlight? b/c the perfect RT is .5 secs. what was your 60 time? those are very important to finding out how good a launch you had.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

TeamDeanoDMar-11-02 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#733, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 2

yup he redlighted. .5 seconds is a perfect reaction. I am not normally a drag racer, but a few weeks ago, I got between .6xx and .7xx reaction times. We only have 1000ft tracks in Arkansas and my times equated to high 13/low 14 second runs in the quarter mile. This was on 10 psi with a mix of 93 pump and C116 race gas. I could not get my 60ft times below 2.2 seconds. Off to solo II racing now!

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

DSBLK93GTMar-12-02 09:01 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#734, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 3

No..not exactly. There is more than one way to have the tree setup. At the track I go to it is not a redlight unless you go under .000 or - basically. On sactioned events it is pro tree with all 3 ambers going at once with a delay of .500 so anything under that is redlight. Some also run it so that the light come on one at a time( like my track).

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

Fast420AMar-12-02 09:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#735, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 4

Pro Tree is .400 for perfect R/T
Regular Tree is .500 for a perfect R/T

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

DSBLK93GTMar-13-02 11:20 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#736, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 5

OOps I had that backwards!! The pro tree has all 3 light at once,like I said, where as standard has them lit up one at a time. Lot of tracks,like mine, have a .000 tree.

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

Teameclipse804Mar-14-02 08:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#737, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 6

hehe last time at california speedway, I got a 0.517 reaction time (if I remember correctly). They announced it as the best reaction time of the day - but I also ran my slowest time of the day on that run too.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

2bFasterMar-19-02 12:07 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#738, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 7

As far as I know there are many different lights .400 and .500 on the pro tree and "standard" tree.... I have the '02 Nhra rule book right here but I cant find the section) its just the time in between lights .... depends on where your at or what kind of event it is.... my dads got this box that you pick what tree you want, set your dial in , then it pre-stages you automatically and then you have a remote with a button to stage... then once the light goes you let off the button .... its even got a delay box built in so you can set that anyway you want.... it can be either "2" player or you against the computer.... (which is just your avg. reaction time) its kinda fun but it just goes to show that about 90% of drag racing is R/T.... I have played that damn thing for hours upon hours...

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

LS1Z28ChrisMar-31-02 07:21 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
866 posts,
#739, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 7

>hehe last time at california speedway, I got a 0.517
>reaction time (if I remember correctly). They announced it
>as the best reaction time of the day - but I also ran my
>slowest time of the day on that run too.

LOL! I know how you feel.

Chris

The Car: Silver 2000 M6 Camaro Z28, Black leather interior, t-tops.
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/chrisdyno.htm>321.4 rwhp and 338.5 ft. lbs. torque
The Mods:
<*>Performance Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, FRA mod, a K&N air filter, and the SLP Loudmouth.
<*>Appearance Mods: Black billet grille, and black carbon fiber look CAMARO letters for rear fascia, removed Z28 emblems.
<*>Misc: A two stage DEI motion sensor for when the t-tops are off.

The Website: http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris">www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

LS1.com member #17036

http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment.php?s=ef702a0c5c81e4393219cc51256ea694&postid=448163>13.729@105.8 mph with at 2.347 60'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
***Mod List*Dyno Chart*Timeslips***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/sig.htm

***Full Website***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

Dave_FLMar-31-02 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#740, "RE: just got back from track"
In response to Reply # 9

When I go to the track I dont even worry about reaction time. It really doesnt matter anyway unless your bracket racing. I only go on the test and tune nights so it doesnt matter. I have hit some .5xx's though. But I normally get more like .7-1.0. I know that sucks but I dont care. I am going for a good 1/4 mile time not a good reaction time.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #730 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic