Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1644
View in threaded mode

Subject: "How would I stand up against a sebring" Previous topic | Next topic
Blk95TalonJul-31-02 11:12 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1644, "How would I stand up against a sebring"

Theres this guy by me with a Sebring...I think its around a 96 or 97. Hes got a body kit on it and a cat back exhaust. I dont know if he has the 4cyl engine (420a) or the 6 cylinder but from what i read the difference is 140 for the 4, and 155 for the 6. How would i do in a race against him (both auto). Even if he has the 6cyl, the extra hp would be overcome by the added weight of his larger car right? My only performance mods are a cai. Oh, also hes got 17" chrome rims which im sure added weight. let me know how i'd do against him. If id lose would a udp give me the extra power i would need to win? (the sebring isnt a convertible by the way)

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DSMeclipseGSJul-31-02 01:39 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1645, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 0

I think even with your CAI You'll lose. I got the Sebring as 163 HP and 170 torque and they only weight 2-300 more pounds (31--lbs.). That's a good amount. You'll need a few good mods. With CAI, exhaust, UDP, bored TB, and final drive mod it will be a better race.

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaberKhanJul-31-02 05:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1646, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 1

They run 17's I believe. It'd be a close race more than likely.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

EclipseTicalJul-31-02 11:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#1647, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 2

i just beat a 4 cyl sebring yesterday on my way home from work. He was an auto and was reving his car in neutral the whole dam time we were at a light. I was already kinda ticked off from work so i felt like giving him a show of what the ol RS can do. I put about 4-5 cars on him by the time i hit 70 and kept it floored till 115. Im not sure how your auto will do though. It should be close but i think you should be able to pull it off in the end. If you do lose, whatever just race him again.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

Blk95TalonAug-01-02 01:18 AM
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1648, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 3

Alright guys, thanks. Im not gonna make a move if Im next to him, but if he revs up or does any shit, i'll give him a run. He lives down the street by the way and always drives up and down the road like 3, 4, sometimes 6 times in a row and everytime he goes by my house he revs up likes hes the shit in his grey sebring with a body kit thats been unpainted sincehe put it on 6 months ago. I think it looks like crap unpainted.

-CODE4

euro_clipseAug-05-02 09:02 AM
Member since May 14th 2002
515 posts,
#1649, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 4

You should be able to tell if he has a 4 cyl or 6 cyl by listening to his revs when he goes by. If they sound like yours, race him, if not, spend 500 bones on some NOS, and smoke him!

Black '98 GS auto
I-vers intake
Custom (home made!) ram air conversion
OBX fog lights
RSR rear section straight outta Japan
JVC cd player
Kenwood components
Sony XM-250 amp
10" Polk DX sub

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
jalapenos.
What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

GorkoRacingAug-05-02 10:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#1650, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 5

I beat my mom's v-6. it is about that year but it is auto and convertible so?

Blk95TalonAug-05-02 10:30 AM
875 posts,
#1651, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 6

I listen to him as he revs by but it sounds different since he has an exhaust on it. I held pretty even with him last night, he launched like a half sec before me and pulled ahead pretty slowly. I think if I had the final drive mod and and a udp I wouldnt have a problem showin him the letters TALON bwaaahaahaa!!

-CODE4

vegasdsmrAug-05-02 05:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#1652, "RE: How would I stand up against a sebring"
In response to Reply # 7

afx udp= 8-12whp....(i dunno if that was a/t or m/t tho)

u shud smoke dat foo, dun matta which engine...head over to www.asog.net , and ask them....

auto=more weight
v-6=more weight
420a sebring, i think is a lil heavier than 2gnt...

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1644 Previous topic | Next topic