Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1594
View in threaded mode

Subject: "GS turbo VS. Honda" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMeclipseGSJul-29-02 03:36 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1594, "GS turbo VS. Honda"

Since I don't really know much about hondas ( I don't mind them cause around here many can actually perform. I haven't really had to deal with honda ricers) I was wondering who would win:

ME:
1998 GS A/T
- stage 1 HRC turbo kit
- catback
- final drive gear mod
- boost at 6 PSI

HER:
1994 Civic EX 5-speed
- GSR engine swap
- intake
- muffler (might be a catback but I'm not sure)

This is my friend's older (by two years) sister. He's got a really nice kit on it too.

Now I guess I'll be pretty consistent since I'm auto with a launch.

She is a 5 from 1-10 in driving skills I would say. Lots of the local guys say she sucks at driving.

The only question I got is about the weight issue. But I think her kit might add some nice weight.

I would race her.... if I won, I get her for the night... LOL
I think I'd win.

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
420AYEJul-31-02 06:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1595, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 0

HAH. What if you lose? she gets you for the night? i say race!

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMeclipseGSJul-31-02 01:46 PM
932 posts,
#1596, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 1

HAHAH I'm joking... She's like 3 years older than me. I just want to know going into the race. I'll probably race her anyways.

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

snowboarderAug-01-02 05:51 PM
Member since Dec 27th 2001
283 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1597, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 2

honda w/gsr swap should run low 14's..... I think she will beat you... sorry to say but that automatic doesn't help you

Dualgen2Aug-02-02 02:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#1598, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 3

Even if you were manual you could still loose. At 6 psi you would probably not break into 14's in an auto and get like 14.6 or so if u were manual. Then again if the Honda lady cant drive you could win. My friend has a Del Sol w/ GSR swap and I never see him break into 15's cause its so hot. Best time is a high 14 though. Good Luck
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

420AYEAug-03-02 05:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#1599, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 4

Buddy, go stage II or get a little juice.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

DSMeclipseGSAug-04-02 05:20 PM
932 posts,
#1600, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 5

stage 2..... it's only matter of saving up for the FMIC

MODS:

neoamdAug-06-02 03:51 AM
Member since Jul 02nd 2002
109 posts,
#1601, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 6

get a fmic by greddy and crank the boost to 10lbs. also get a tranny cooler to keep your tranny alright. 1.1k is all you need

FMIC's are the shit.. no side mounts for me.. trust me man.. get it and a tranny cooler.. and you should take her.. maybe a 50 shot.. does she run Nitrious?

or swap to a 5spd with stage 2.. 700$ for that..

---------------------------]
www.neoamd.net/car/rex.htm
^ my RX7

DSMeclipseGSAug-06-02 03:46 PM
932 posts,
#1602, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 7

Hey man
I was actually looking to do the 5 speed swap. I know with the final drive mod and the transGo kit i can be as fast or faster than a manual. But the only thing that keeps me wanting to go 5 speed is how fun it is to drive. I am a decent 5 speed driver, so I know it's more fun.

If anyone can help me looking for all the parts, I'd be happy to do it. I got a few lists but I don't know if they're right. Also, I can't do the labor myself and a shop would charge like a grand. If anyone out there would like to help me do the swap I'd be willing to pay you/take you to diner/fill your tank/I don't know but some type of thank you. I'm in central NJ (5 minutes from Pricenton). Anyway let me know if you can help in any way.

MODS:

nikademisAug-09-02 04:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
80 posts,
#1603, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 8

im going to have to be the outcast and say you could beat her as is. of course im putting myself in your place and assumeing you can drive good

~Aaron
95 Eclipse GS-R.I.P. / 90 GSX NOW IM PLAYING WITH POWER !!!!
"dont be afraid to break something,you can always buy new parts.You cant buy victory."

~Aaron
95 Eclipse GS-R.I.P. / 90 GSX NOW IM PLAYING WITH POWER !!!!
"dont be afraid to break something,you can always buy new parts.You cant buy victory."

KiNSep-15-02 02:02 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2002
103 posts,
#1604, "RE: GS turbo VS. Honda"
In response to Reply # 9

I know a local guy who used this site
http://www.ecanfix.com/%7Emdhamilton/autotomanual.html

He said its the same for 1g and 2g... I was thinking of doing the swap my self, I think he said it cost him like 1,500 and he did the labor him self.. Thats not including if you sell any thing back.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1594 Previous topic | Next topic