Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1141
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Could I beat him?" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseApr-29-02 12:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1141, "Could I beat him?"

My cousin is coming in soon with his 2002 Grand Am GT 4 door auto. Is there any chance in hell I could beat him in a race with my mods? Thanks

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Edclipse96RSApr-29-02 01:52 AM
Member since Apr 05th 2002
26 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1142, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 0

No, You have no chance they are too fast they run like mid to high 15's stock I think and looking at your Mods you probably run like low 17's maybe high 16's. We have over 300 lbs on them. I'm no expert though but you probably have a better chance if it was an SE.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSApr-29-02 02:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1143, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 1

I beat a 4 door auto GT Grand AM before. I barely beat him, but it was a win nonetheless.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

AvengerES97Apr-29-02 02:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
#1144, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 2

depends on your performance mods. they run 15.9 in the 1/4, so there is a good chance you could.

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

MindBlowin03Apr-29-02 03:13 AM
Member since Feb 23rd 2002
128 posts,
#1145, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 3

It should be really close. Being its a 4 door, its a little heavier than the 2 door(duh), so it prolly runs very low 16s. With your mods, your car should be just under 16. I would think as long as you get a good jump and dont miss a gear, you should win.

-Nick
97 ESi
93 Laser RS Turbo

rfpunchApr-29-02 04:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
518 posts,
#1146, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 1

>No, You have no chance they are too fast they run like mid
>to high 15's stock I think and looking at your Mods you
>probably run like low 17's maybe high 16's. We have over 300
>lbs on them. I'm no expert though but you probably have a
>better chance if it was an SE.

a STOCK RS with manual trans runs better times than that. give em some credit man!

98 Eclipse GS Turbo - SOLD
03 Eclipse GT
05 Suzuki GSXR 600

1TuffRSApr-29-02 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1147, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 5

Just for reference you should check my post about quarter mile times in the pits

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

SaberKhanApr-29-02 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#1148, "RE: Could I beat him?"
In response to Reply # 6

No shit. A stock RS 5-speed with a good driver should get in the 16.3-16.5 range. Also, we dont have 300lbs on them. They are heavier than us. I spanked one's ass by several car lengths on video tape last year. I should put all my tapes together and make one long tape and sell it as some underground racing shit. }> Naa. My luck I'd get busted.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1141 Previous topic | Next topic