Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2705
View in threaded mode

Subject: "4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques" Previous topic | Next topic
daltahApr-20-03 07:40 AM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2705, "4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"

My friend has a 4door honda civic dx automatic and went to the track last night and i didnt go but he said he ran a 15.921 and all he has is a cai and a performance muffler.Could he really run that time because i know 5speed n/a eclipses with alot more done to the engine then that and they only run like a 15.7-15.9.I called bs on him but what does everyone else think

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
python6586Apr-20-03 10:33 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2706, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 0

no way he ran that. the ex which have the vtec engines with a manual trans only run like 16.5 to 17 for the 2 door. if he is dx and auto he would run in the 17 or 18s prob.

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

drjeff2kApr-21-03 02:02 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
173 posts,
#2718, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 1

not a chance. my friend has a 2 door m/t dx w/ buddy club exhaust and its slow as hell. the dx engine has less than 100hp. i saw a special on the discovery channel or something and they put exhaust intake and headers and i believe they got a whopping 3hp gain. just smoke his ass

My Site: http://www.geocities.com/jeffmets2000

Mystic511Apr-21-03 10:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#2720, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 2

I can believe he ran a 15.9 with intake and muffler. First, he doesn't have a catback, which means he's still running on stock torque, which is probably good for the automatic. Also, the DX is lighter then the EX by a significant amount.

My friend has a stock 2 door civic dx, from a roll, i only slightly walk him. Gotta remember it's less hp, but those cars are light as hell. Rim sizes are smaller too. If eclipses had 13's, we'd be running nice quarter mile times too.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

daltahApr-22-03 07:57 AM
240 posts,
#2722, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-22-03 07:57 AM by daltah

He had the stock 14's on the front and his car is a 4door not a 2door so right their is more weight.Also a 1999-2000 civic si wich is of cours a two door and a 5speed runs a 15.8 in the quater mile and they have 160hp stock and a dx has around 109hp.I dont see how its possible for him to run that low of a time.I was with him before and he raced a stock 5speed gs eclipse and the eclipse smoked his a$$.

eclipser96gsApr-22-03 11:52 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2003
20 posts,
#2724, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 0

BS- demand a time slip, no time is valid without one thats all, then call him a lil rice boy for lying about his times ....civic owners...they never lear

Michael
96 GS--pain in the ass

daltahApr-22-03 03:57 PM
240 posts,
#2726, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 5

He gave me a timeslip but their still isnt proof that it is his slip.He could have found it in the stands or in the parking lot.

likestoflooritApr-24-03 12:36 PM
397 posts,
#2731, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 6

Ask him to race. and then when you kill him.. say your car is only a 16 second car then ask him how the hell he ran a 15.9 or whatever

97 Rs 5sp
-Intake
-Front upper strut bar
-Tint 20% o yeah
-Coilovers/KYB ADJ
-60mm TB
-P&P intake mani
-Cat Back System.
-Funny Rims?? dont lie
~likestofloorit.. (1/4=16.258)(60=2.363)

Dark RingleaderApr-24-03 08:57 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#2736, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 7

I know that you screwed with the coloring in your sig pic, but damn those tails look badass, on a black or white car stock tails tinted blue instead of red that would look damn sexy. As to my guess on the 1/4 time really f'in slow. I can run with 5-spd EX's so I'm guessing a 4-door auto DX wouldn't be any trouble at all.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

likestoflooritMay-15-03 06:37 PM
397 posts,
#2876, "RE: 4door honda civic dx automatic 1/4mile ques"
In response to Reply # 8

hahah i love it to..not sure how i did it haha just messed around and bam it looked cool.. i wish i had them but o well..probably get raped by the cops over and over and over..

97 Rs 5sp
-Intake
-Front upper strut bar
-Tint 20% o yeah
-Coilovers/KYB ADJ
-60mm TB
-P&P intake mani
-Cat Back System.
-Funny Rims?? dont lie
~likestofloorit.. (1/4=16.258)(60=2.363)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2705 Previous topic | Next topic