Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #598
View in threaded mode

Subject: "98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
99EclipseFeb-21-02 04:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#598, "98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"

Ok, there are 2 huge sh!t talkers about to race for 5 grand in my area (Detroit) they have been talking crap ever since they have had there cars about who will take who will take who when there finished doing up there rides. The guy with the Eclipse GS will be racing a 97 Camaro SS that is Super Charged, the other guy has a 98 Eclipse GS with a Hahn Stage 4 kit. I have 1 of this guys friends that drives the Camaro SS wanting to make a 2 grand bet with me, his bet being on the Camaro. Im very tempted because I would love to make 2 grand. It has been comfirmed by a neutral party that the Camaro is Super Charged and that the Eclipse is Turbo Charged. The Eclipse has a Blitz body kit and what looks like a custom predator hood. The Camaro has chameleon flames across the sides of his car and a billet grill with a custom hood also. I rarely know them but I am familiar with them as I always see them both raceing at our local hangout against other people and never have raced eachother they both have taken the same cars and this race was just destined to happen. They are not freinds its a grudge they have just had with eachother for awhile. Neither of them ever pop there hoods to show there stuff but I had the chance to peak inside there cars. The Eclipse has 3APEXi guages, a boost controler, and what looked like a sring loaded button hidden behind the steering wheel (so im thinking nitrous) but no bottle was in sight. On the outside I noticed he had an APEXi Dunk catback. The Camaro SS had 3 guages on the inside and some kind of voltometer built into the dash. On the outside I noticed a dual exhaust system not sure of brand. Who do you guys think will winthis race?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
All4thaN0okieFeb-21-02 05:24 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#599, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 0

lol... how do u expect us to tell you who's gonna win ..when we have no idea what is in either car..
lol...our guesses are as good as yours....

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99EclipseFeb-21-02 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#600, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 1

>lol... how do u expect us to tell you who's gonna win ..when
>we have no idea what is in either car..
>lol...our guesses are as good as yours....
>
>
>'95 Eclipse RS
>INTERIOR
>-Sony CDXM 750
>-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
>-Premiere Amp
>-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
>EXTERIOR
>-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
>-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
>-Clear Bumper Lenses
>-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
>-Red LED Washer Nozzles
>PERFORMANCE
>-K&N Filter

I just told you a Supercharged 97 Camaro SS and a 99 Hahn Stage 4 Eclipse.. I think thats a good view.. in simpler terms for you a Supercharged v8 or a Turbocharged i4

99EclipseFeb-21-02 08:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#601, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 0

Well I figured some of you guys may be more expeirenced and know the potential of both cars in general and with the mods I mentioned above. Someone have a good clue on what will prevail.. if you know your competition and not just your own car.

ModeratorVX100Feb-21-02 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#602, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 3

an LS1 camaro is fast from the factory, supercharged it's a killer

that eclipse better AT LEAST be a stage 4 with seriously built internals, and even then I'd say it would be tough

BUT... if he does have nitrous on top of the stage 4 then I'd say it's up in the air. It could be either car really, at that point there are alot of variables, too many to nail down what's going on (for example, what boost for the supercharger, or for the turbo?)

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

99EclipseFeb-21-02 09:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#603, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 4

Ok I spoke with the guy and told him the scoop about me possably throwin a little on the side and he told me he will be running 18 psi on a 114 octane gas.. He popped his hood for me and all i can say is woah.. It then poped in my head about the triger I saw under his steering wheel and I figured not why ask him.. so I did he laughs and gives me a spy look and then tells me to hop in.. so I lock my car up and hopped in we went to the spot where this will all go down which is about a 1/4 mile stretch which is black toped and in between old abandoned fatorys (Detroit is ghetto), he drives around a few times and then stops and starts BS'in with me.. I didn't think he was gonna nail it and let it rip at all but out of no where he says sit back or you'll regret it so I knew he was gonna let it rip. He punches it and I was sucked in the seat.. i've never seen someone drive a stick that good not even at the track and his car is hella faster than when it was all those other times I seen him racing. I sware this car could run the 1/4 in the mid 12s at the very least.. so we pull next to my car and I get out and im thinkin about that triger still so I ask him again he then again smiles and says get back in the car im like no you already proved to me your car has some balls.. he just said will you shut the fu*k up and get in.. so I get in and wear the e-brake sits and the glove box aside from it, you know that big platic piece he removes it and what sittin there?? a NX bottle im just like wtf!?!?!?!?!?!!!! He said its just a 75 shot incase this kid decides to grow some balls.. I couldn't beleive the job he did in hiding the bottle and the switch, I gave him my props and then asked him what this camaro is running he told me the supercharger will be running at 7 psi and thats all he has aside from the cat back exhaust. So what do you think?

I also told him about this board and he said he'll take a look at it and maybe start posting.. I hope so because this kid has some crazy ideas..

99EclipseFeb-21-02 09:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#604, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 5

He said he has Crower Rods and JE pistons which came with the kit. Nice engine bay to, everything was powder coated.

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-21-02 10:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#605, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 6

Todd the '97 SS is running a LT-1 not an LS-1. And I wish I could be there to see this race sounds like a killer... one I would not bet on.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

99EclipseFeb-21-02 12:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#606, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 7

Well boys people don't get no where in life without taking chance and this is one im going to take.. my 2 grand is on 1 of our brothers.. the race is friday night, ill let you guys know what happens.

DSBLK93GTFeb-21-02 01:39 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#607, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 8

Well one big thing with either is traction. A 97SS did come with LT1 but there are also 100 LT4 SS also but are white w/red stripes.One big thing is..is the Camaro really stock LT1? You can easilly drop a 383 stroker in and not be able to tell the diference. If that is the case he would have at least 375HP w/out an SC at the wheels..add an SC.. and probably close to 450 or more...I would stay outa that bet unless you know for sure that SS is stock motor. Even if it is stock that is a 13 sec car stock..pullies,exhaust,gears...easily 12's..add an SC..11's so???? who knows.

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

9Feb-21-02 05:48 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2002
2 posts,
#608, "RE: 98 Eclipse vs. SC 97 Camaro SS (long)"
In response to Reply # 9

I still think the eclipse will get spanked... I would love to see it though.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #598 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic