Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3972
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New Toyota Tacoma race..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dFeb-26-04 06:17 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3972, "New Toyota Tacoma race..."

Man, I was at the park today with some of my friends just chillin' not lookin for any trouble when some dude kept driving right by mar car and stopped. and he'd do a burnout and take off real fast. then, he stopped and was like, " you go a rice burner, you should have bought something faster... a stock truck could beat you" --im thinking, eh...you're in a toyota dude. thats an import. anyways, he kept talking trash on me, and i told him that he aint worth it and didnt race him.

He had a newer like, 2002 or 2003 Toyota truck, it didnt even have positrack rearend....

Do you think i could have taken him?

I have these mods to my car: OBX 4-1 Race headers, CAI, OBX catback, MSD plug wires, coil, Bosh Platnum IV plugs and unorthodox underdrive pulley....

also my car is a 5 speed Eclipse RS; i personally think i could take him top end, but off the line, he could jump out in front. thoughts anyone????

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
my1997eclipseFeb-27-04 12:58 PM
Member since Sep 09th 2003
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3974, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 0

ha your kidding right.
no just kidding you would take him pretty easy its not much of a race a 4.3 vortec s10 is faster than that i am not sure what motor is in there but you would have no problem ever off the line you should be there right with him or close. don't worry he is just talkin $#!t.

adam underwood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UberingramFeb-27-04 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#3975, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 1

make sure he catches sight of those dice. strikes fear into the hearts of import racers. means business imo

.bs0dFeb-27-04 08:38 PM
597 posts,
#3976, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 2

lol yea-- i have no doubt really that i could take em expecially on the highway. i seen him again and he's all flipping me off as he drives by. this is an example of his truck:

yea, i think he's just talking Sh!t as well... guess it may finally boil down to just taking him to shut him up--

ModeratorVX100Feb-28-04 03:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3977, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 3

The tundras are a bit faster than you'd think (I don't know why, but when I've seen them race at the drag strip, they do rather well) but I think you could take him. Just make sure to get a good launch

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

.bs0dFeb-28-04 06:35 AM
597 posts,
#3978, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 4

oh really? yea, like now they're comming out with family cars that have HEMI's now!! so i guess you cant be too sure about almost any new car anymore...

he was doing a burnout and only one wheel was spinning in the back. so its not the all wheel drive tundra. It just seems like it would just figure that i would line up next to him after all of this and he just smokes me! --but i guess who knows

JWoodleyFeb-29-04 08:05 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#3979, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 5

Tundra are RWD V8s. =) Also, from my experience most Toyota Tacomas are 4cylinders, however I think they do make V6's. Did he do a mean burnout or just blip the tires? Might be good to know if hes auto or 5speed. Most trucks are geared really far apart in MTX form so you could rip him. lol. Also, if he beats you, I wouldnt post about it. LOL. j/k. Goodluck!

.bs0dFeb-29-04 10:54 AM
597 posts,
#3980, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 6

when he done a burnout, it spun pretty good but it was one wheel in the rear... i bet he had an automatic by the way the truck acted.. i didnt see anything to show he was manually shifting.

Elysium GTFeb-29-04 05:38 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2003
171 posts,
#3981, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-29-04 05:39 PM by Elysium GT

since my eclipse NT is gone, i have to drive my dad's tacoma till i try and get/convince my parents to allow me to get a 4g63. The tacoma's aren't all that quick, sure they're good off the line, but like most trucks after like 60-70ish mph, it's kinda of an unfair match. And plus it's a truck and aren't meant to go very fast, just good pick up.

02/07/04 RIP 1998 GS...

07/12/04 Hello 1992 MR2 Turbo!

E-CLIPS97Mar-01-04 06:05 AM
Member since May 24th 2003
32 posts,
#3982, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 8

Actually more V6 tacomas were produced than 4 cyl ones. I owned a v6 tacoma for a long time. They come from the factory with a 195 HP 4 cam engine(v6 models). Plus You can supercharge them which adds 75hp. They are very quick for a truck. You might be able to take one off the line, but it would catch you very quick.

.bs0dMar-01-04 06:54 PM
597 posts,
#3983, "RE: New Toyota Tacoma race..."
In response to Reply # 9

yea, and depending on how far you're racing, i think an eclipse would take him top end. like mentioned above, its still a truck and not designed to go that fast. im betting that the real race is getting him off the line and holding em.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3972 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic