Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2306
View in threaded mode

Subject: "need to beat a mustang gt" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
freddy_00_69Feb-03-03 07:15 AM
Member since Aug 01st 2002
1119 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2306, "need to beat a mustang gt"

I need to know if what i am getting is enought o beat a new GT. i got spanked the other day on an interstate by an 97gt. I am getting a stage 2 and plan on running 8psi. I currently run cnsistent 10.5 and 10.6 on an 1/8 mile stock with 17's and an apexi n-1 exhaust. They run about 9.6's stock, so would i be able to take it. I can't stand muscle cars pulling up next to me and me losing. My 5-speed rs is quick but i need power to take them. If anyone knows what else to be able to spank a v8, let me know. I would of had the turbo kit, if shaun at ner wouldn;t have taken my $2300.00 and like the b&tch that he is.

99 RS-T
"New bottom end(8.6:1 w/long rods)"
Turbonetics 60-1/Portfueler/etc!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
98TalonFeb-03-03 11:46 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2307, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 0

Spray it, 'nuff said. I run a 9.6 with the mods below and an open header, but I ran a 10.2 when it was dead stock.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

Justin99RSFeb-03-03 02:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#2309, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 1

sorry to say but a new mustang GT running 9.6 1/8ths is reallllly hurting..a convert GT will run low low 14's a hardtop easily into the 13's...gonna take some modding to be able to pull on one of them..

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

98TalonFeb-04-03 04:54 AM
1096 posts,
#2311, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh shit, I just saw that he said "new" GT. You've got your hands full man. Even on nitrous, you're going to have a hard time with one that is well driven, but spray your car, drive well, and good luck.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

freddy_00_69Feb-04-03 08:08 AM
1119 posts,
#2313, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 3

I raced a gt 2000 at the track and he ran a 9.6, i know they run low 14's, but the without any mods they are not running 13's unless you are talking about the svt. Of course they will kill me b/c they are supercharged and pushing 390hp, but i juist want for now while i am in school to beat the v8 gt(NEW) b/c i got friends that run at the track and some are turbo and some nitrous that kill them. So i would need to be able to run low 14's, i guess. So stage 2 might do it b/c it is around 250hp and the stang is 260hp(300tq). I will just have to try, i will let you guys know when i get everything setup and leave them behind. I graduate in May of this year, after that i get paid, so then i will have no problem at all, except the SVT. Thanks for the insight, If an 89GT corolla can beat a mustang GT spraying a 75 shot, then i know i can do something to beat them.

99 RS-T

98TalonFeb-04-03 09:20 AM
1096 posts,
#2314, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 4

whoever ran a 9.6 in a new GT can't drive, because my friend runs 8.6's in his with a K&N drop in filter. Oh, and get nitrous, not a turbo.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

BlakeW5Feb-04-03 07:16 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2003
60 posts,
#2315, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 0

If you really want to beat a GT, find an automatic GT. Ford automatics are even more pathetic than auto DSM (...wish I had a 5 speed). Automatic GT's run 1 sec slower than their manuals (can't remember if it's 0-60, or 1/4 mile). But nitrous sounds like your best bet, as far as money.

97 Eclipse GS
- Ebay CAI
- Ebay Dual Tip Muffler
- Ebay Front and Rear Strut Bars
- Energy Suspension Motor Mounts

freddy_00_69Feb-05-03 03:21 AM
1119 posts,
#2318, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 6

Where did you get 8.6 from b/c SVT Lightning runs 8.5 in an 1/8 with a K&N in it and that is 390hp with 390tq. So ain't no way in hell he is running 8.6 on a 260hp with a K&N, sorry but he has got some other shit in his car or it is the svt or cobra model. An 8.6 is equivalent to a 12.9 1/4, since they run low 14's stock, a K&N will not give a mustang 100HP. A friend of mine gots the old 5.0 and he doesn't run a 12.9 with a K&N, so he must got something up his sleeves. Well, thanks everyone. I talked to my friend with the corolla gts 89 and he can beat mustang gt new or old, and he is running a 100-shot. I can beat him sometimes when he doesn't spray, so why wouldn't a turbo be good enough if nitrous runs out and turbo's don't, i think i am going to go with turbo b/c i know they can be beat by a dsm, except the new cobra and svt which have almost 400hp. I appreciate all the info, i am glad i got people to write in here and respond.

99 RS-T

98TalonFeb-05-03 08:34 AM
1096 posts,
#2322, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 7

I dunno how he does it, but those are his only power making mods (he has exhaust too now that I think about it) K&N and Exhaust in a 2002 GT and he runs 8.6's. I'm sure I can get a slip if you like. Oh, and the 1/8th time multiplied by 1.5 is a crock of shit in case you didn't know. Otherwise my car runs a 14.4 with just a p/p tb and filter.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

freddy_00_69Feb-06-03 11:11 AM
1119 posts,
#2324, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 8

Ask him what he has done b/c 8.6 with an exhaust and K&N is not right at all for only a 260hp(300tq). Show me a slip and the true mods and i will believe it, until then i will just have to think he is lying. An old cobra(97-99) can't even run a mid 8 with mods and the guy races it all the time. Well, you running mid 15's is pretty quick for a N/A eclipse.

99 RS-T

ThePlastikFeb-10-03 07:17 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2002
159 posts,
#2340, "RE: need to beat a mustang gt"
In response to Reply # 9

a mustang gt has 260 hp?

Mods & Pix Here:
http://geocities.com/theplastik/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2306 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic