Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #152
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
flossinpnoyracerDec-20-01 12:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#152, "2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"

has anyone ever raced one. just wondering how we match up against them

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
HadesOmegaDec-20-01 12:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#153, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you have a good chance of winning against a GT. They don't have a lot of torque which we do. So you'll probably take it off the line and take it in topend. Then again we're pretty heavy, if you've got any performance mods like pulley of intake/exhuast you'll be able to take a stock one or even a slightly modded one.

My friend HAD a GTS and that thing was pretty quick I don't think you'll be able to cream one of those, even I have a hard time catching up to them on the freeway.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

neovbDec-20-01 01:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#154, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 0

I raced one before. The guy I raced had a black 2000 Celica GT manual tranny with all the nice features, but it was totally stock. The only thing I have right now is a catback exhaust. By the way, the GT has a 1.8L engine with 140hp and it has 125 ft/lb of torque. Basically we were close from the beginning (i had a bad launch plus i have a slightly slipping clutch), we were basically neck and neck into 2nd, but as soon as I hit about 5500rpm in 2nd i basically pulled away from him. I didnt win by much (it wasnt a long race) maybe about 1 1/2 car lengths. With my 2.5" piping I was probably even with him in torque, maybe even a bit less, thats why we were probably even in the beginning, but in the end I won pretty easily.

-Celica-
HP: 140 @ 6400rpm
Torque: 125 @ 4200rpm

-Eclipse-
HP: 140 @ 6000rpm
Torque: 130 @ 4800rpm

IMHO, basically we Eclipse owners have a typical advantage. And as HadesOmega said correctly, we do have higher torque (but not much more), and basically the same HP although we hit it at a lower RPM. Plus if you have any mods any eclipse should easily beat a GT, in acceleration and top speed. And the GT-S isnt that much better, it has 180HP, but only 130 ft/lb of torque... same accel but more top end... an eclipse with a few simple mods should be able to at least match a GTS. Theyre nice looking cars, but they dont really have that massive performance that you would expect.

If anyone thinks im wrong, please let me know

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

flossinpnoyracerDec-20-01 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#155, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 2

so basically its all on the driver. i think ima go celica hunting which will take awhile because theres hardly any and i never encountered a challenge from one

1999 GST

1997 RS

neovbDec-20-01 02:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#156, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 3

Hehe good luck man - although you dont need it or anything. Yeah, there arent that many around, and when you see one its usually some hot chick who wont race for her life

Anyways, youre car looks like its got a hell of a lot of mods. What do you have in there under the hood and on the inside and on the outside? Post up those mods for me if you can, thanks..

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

neovbDec-20-01 02:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#157, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 4

Oh by the way, I checked out youre site and Im taking a wild guess and saying that the white eclipse was yours before you changed it .
How did you pull off the GS spoiler without having holes in your rear quarterpanels? I wanted to put on a different spoiler but I dont want to have holes in my car

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Dave_FLDec-20-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#158, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 2

GTS's run a 14.9. I don't think any 2GNT can do that. But if its auto or a shitty driver a 2GNT with mods might hang with it.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

neovbDec-20-01 02:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#159, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 6

Well yeah the GTS are nice cars, but I think theyre overrated. AND its almost 22500$ for a new one... I dont get why they make cars like that, nice HP but shitty torque - just like the typeR integras. But as for the normal GT's, our cars can kick thier ass

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

flossinpnoyracerDec-20-01 02:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#160, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 7

well im talkin about THE GT and not the GTS so no doubt no competion there

as for my stock spoiler holes everything has been shaved off
stock spoiler mounts shaved
antenna shaved
roof completely shaved
doors completely shaved

1999 GST

1997 RS

HadesOmegaDec-20-01 04:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#161, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 8

Those CARZ your talking about are high rev cars. In Japan turbocharging is the thing and high revving NA cars. With high RPM horsepower you can race the car at higher rpms and just cruise at lower rpms. Just different style of racing.

I like our engine though good torque and horsies, and as HP goesup torque pretty goes up progressively as well.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

optimuspetersonDec-20-01 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#162, "RE: 2gnt VS. CELICAS GT 2000????"
In response to Reply # 9

do you mean you shaved the body lines in the roof. did you do that your self? did you use fiberglass? my friend is shaving the bodyline all the wya around is s-10

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #152 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic