Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11029
View in threaded mode

Subject: "carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
MalenkoMay-08-05 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11029, "carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
May-08-05 10:39 AM by Malenko

I was thinkin of getting a 5.1 set up and cutting the speakers off and wiring in the facvtory speakers instead of the PC ones, using an aftermarket radio harness.

Will it work, or sound like shit?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
EclipseTenzoRMay-08-05 01:39 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11032, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you saying you want to use computer speakers in your car and wire them into the stock harness? Or are you saying you want to use the stock speakers and wire them into the computer through the microphone jack plugs. I'm sorta lost dude.. clarify your intentions

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeMay-08-05 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11033, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 1

Lmao. Either way, it wont work. without power, there is no sound.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

ArkMay-08-05 01:54 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#11034, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 2

Sure there is, just squint really really hard.

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

EclipseTenzoRMay-08-05 02:52 PM
2386 posts,
#11035, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 3

I think what he might be trying to say is he wants to power some type of speakers off of the computer itself. Like through the soundcard. This is just what I am gathering for the most part but have no idea what he wants to do with the speakers.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

djtrickeeMay-08-05 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11036, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I think what he might be trying to say is he wants to power some type of speakers off of the computer itself. Like through the soundcard.

Lol. You can't do that either. If you are too cheap to buy a small amp or headunit then the carputer world definatly isn't for you. (not you tenzo... I just meant in general).

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

a_miller_76May-08-05 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11037, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 5

"Computer speakers" have built in amps, so if you're trying to run your system off computer's sound card you still need an amp to get sound to your speakers. The output power of a sound card is equivilant to head phones.

EclipseTenzoRMay-08-05 03:23 PM
2386 posts,
#11038, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR I think what he might be trying to say is he wants to power some type of speakers off of the computer itself. Like through the soundcard.
Lol. You can't do that either. If you are too cheap to buy a small amp or headunit then the carputer world definatly isn't for you. (not you tenzo... I just meant in general).

Yea, I totally agree where you are coming from, but for shits and giggles I could see just looking into what hes talking about to see if it would work. But if you have the money to dump $700 into a carputer an amp should not be a financial burden. Djtrickee enligten everyone with some pictures of your carputer setup if you have any. I never saw yours before but I have seen James's setup.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

djtrickeeMay-08-05 04:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11039, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 7

i will post some tomorrow. i am actually posting right now from in the car at the bar. lol. free hotspots rule. typing and driving does not rule.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

EclipseTenzoRMay-09-05 04:01 AM
2386 posts,
#11040, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 8

Your a bum! just play trickee.. Thats awesome though, this is something I deffintley want to look into but I want my setup to be really clean and factory looking, plus I don't want to wait for the damn thing to boot up for awhile. So until I see one in an Eclipse and use it I have little incentive to do it yet. But it's deffintley bad ass!

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

a_miller_76May-09-05 04:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11041, "RE: carputer, with NO head unit and no AMP, possible?"
In response to Reply # 9

DJ's looks like an LCD panel mounted in the radio area. I never saw it turned on or operating, but from outside the car it looks like a simple flat LCD screen and is pretty nice. He also has a nice carbon fiber panel fabbed up to put over it when he's not in the car.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11029 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic