Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8915
View in threaded mode

Subject: "need some advice on 12's subs" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
icedoutApr-30-04 01:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8915, "need some advice on 12's subs"

Not looking for compition 12's... just looking for an all around good 12 sub... I have the Kenwood excelon 8xx deck... and I have a jl 500/4 amp... just got some custon enclosures for the evo so i keep teh trunk and they are 1 cu ft. each.... Had JL w7 before but they were comp speaker... What Idea's can you peeps help me out with..
thanks

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
foggy45Apr-30-04 06:09 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8923, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 0

Alpine type-r DVC 12's
these will blow your mind, and will handle most anything you can throw at them!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

98starGSApr-30-04 07:11 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#8924, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 1

i loved my square solo 12, i think that was the best. then i had a kove 12 which wasn't bad and i also have a boston acustic 12 and that one was pretty crisp. all 3 were stolen along with some 10s that i had so i'm done with the system set ups.

EclipseTenzoRApr-30-04 07:42 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#8925, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 2

I recommend the Type R's I have 10's and they hit like a motha! So I'm sure that the 12's are quite a bit more ballzy and still very clear.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

CrashedMaxMay-07-04 01:01 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
239 posts,
#8979, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 3
May-07-04 01:04 PM by CrashedMax

From what I've heard the Type R's are good but there is better for the money. Check out Elemental Designs e12k, and Image Dynamics IDQ12, I have the IDQ and it's sweeeeet! Search online for the best price and then have Sounddomain.com price match so you get the warranty too.

1999 Black w/black leather GS 10th Anniversary OZ edition
5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

injendsmMay-12-04 06:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#9005, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 4

where can i go to get some apline type r's for a good price? what would be a good amp to power them?

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Eclipsemh2kMay-12-04 12:44 PM
Member since Apr 02nd 2004
644 posts,
#9010, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 5

i use alpine type r's and they sound great.

joneseclipseJun-10-04 05:15 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2003
24 posts,
#9266, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 6

The type R's are alright as long as you have more than enough power to feed them. If you are running a 500/4 you arent gonna have enough to push the R's to get a decent sound. You better go with something with a higher efficiency. Check out to find availability for a Cerwin-Vega Vega series subwoofer. you should be able to find one for around $130 , and with an efficiency of over 95dB the sub will be more bang for your buck

BumpinTalonJun-13-04 05:49 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#9276, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by joneseclipse
The type R's are alright as long as you have more than enough power to feed them. If you are running a 500/4 you arent gonna have enough to push the R's to get a decent sound. You better go with something with a higher efficiency. Check out to find availability for a Cerwin-Vega Vega series subwoofer. you should be able to find one for around $130 , and with an efficiency of over 95dB the sub will be more bang for your buck

I disagree. Type Rs don't need much power. The Cerwin-Vega will not be as loud overall. If you want something that'll slam on little power, get an Image Dynamics IDMAX 12. Almost as efficient as the Vegas but 1,000 watts RMS and damn cool looking.
Otherwise, I would recommend Phoenix Gold Titanium 12s. You can get them for <$100 now. I used to have two and god damn, they were so loud so clean.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Sean_neoJun-14-04 11:53 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2003
251 posts,
#9281, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 8

Dude without a doubt, Alpine R's are the way to go....I have them all around and its a great setup!

Sorry_i_WinJun-17-04 05:35 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#9295, "RE: need some advice on 12's subs"
In response to Reply # 9

I'll sell you my two cerwin vega 15's (VEGA-154 subs) for $125 each. rated at 500w rms 1000w peak each. always hit hard, I have a JL W7 now.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8915 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic