Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #652
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need Some Feedback" Previous topic | Next topic
FuSi0NNov-09-01 03:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#652, "Need Some Feedback"

I need some help ppl i have this enclosed subwoofer box shown here: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rzkNtP...?i=113BP210&s=0 and I have an old Rockford Fosgate 2 channel 150 Total Watt amplifier and I was wonder if the amp would be adequate for the sub box.

As for the rest of the speakers in my car, I have a 4 channel 300 Total Watt amp for them.

97 RS lurking in Hayward CA (Bay Area 2GNT)

email: sir_fusi0n@hotmail.com
www.cyn0sure.homestead.com
join #2GNT on Dalnet IRC

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
FuSi0NNov-09-01 03:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#653, "RE: Need Some Feedback"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry that last link was fux0rd, here is the correct one:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FLpfBaKoJvs/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=113BP210&s=0

97 RS lurking in Hayward CA (Bay Area 2GNT)

email: sir_fusi0n@hotmail.com
www.cyn0sure.homestead.com
join #2GNT on Dalnet IRC

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamNov-09-01 05:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#654, "RE: Need Some Feedback"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah.. im sure that amp will work just fine for that box.. since its bandpass it will sound good with lower power.. just bridge the amp and run the wires parallel to the subs..

and heck if it doesnt soudn good get a diff amp

-Jason

95 GS

Short-air ram - custom grill - removed front license plate - custom stereo system - 2 Kenwood 10's powered by Kenwood amp - Hiper Blue Headlights - F&R Upper Strut Bars - 2 fan mod - Energy Suspension Bushings

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

koolade9Nov-09-01 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#655, "RE: Need Some Feedback"
In response to Reply # 1

it's actually the other way around, bandpass enclosures crave power because of their lack of efficiency. the 150 will work, but make your next upgrade, a new amp.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #652 Previous topic | Next topic