Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #155
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Install done...pics" Previous topic | Next topic
phrenzyJun-09-01 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#155, "Install done...pics"

Pretty much done with stage one of my install (all the construction) that I mentioned in my earlier post. Here are a couple pics:

'99 Eclipse GS
My dad: "So that thing make your car faster by allowing exhaust gas to exit faster...?"
Me: "Um, no dad...The exhaust gas makes this little thing spin, which on the other side here compresses the intake air"

http://www.rokitlabs.com/gsultra

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Teameclipse804Jun-09-01 08:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#156, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool, looks good...that amp won't get too hot down there? I heard the RF amps tend to get pretty hot...Also, how does it sound with the sub facing the front of the car?

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

phrenzyJun-10-01 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#157, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 1

There are two fans down there pulling cool air in, I had it running pretty hard last night and didn't have any heat problems. As far as sound goes, it sounded like poop so I reversed the box and faced it toward the back...and damn...it slams. I figured that the front facing box would be a problem, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway.

'99 Eclipse GS
My dad: "So that thing make your car faster by allowing exhaust gas to exit faster...?"
Me: "Um, no dad...The exhaust gas makes this little thing spin, which on the other side here compresses the intake air"

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jun-10-01 12:33 PM

#158, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 2

I have two 10"s facing the front and it sounds great. Sounds louder than a lot of peoples that have 12"s. But they are in a bandpass box.

DAVE_FL
97GS
HRC stageI (installed June 16th!!!)

cyanJun-10-01 02:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#159, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 3

hey dave, turn them around and take a listen!
the first pair of 12s i had we put in the car facing front, drove home, then reversed them...needless to say they stayed facing back for the entire year before they got stolen and i jacked up the insurance company for 2.3 G's
hehe...i mean...uh, the system really was worth $2300, yeah thats what i meant.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Teameclipse804Jun-10-01 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#160, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 4

Ya I think you should try facing them back. I've heard either facing them back, or up is the best because it puts the bass into the body of the car and reflects better or something...I hardly see anyone face it towards the front...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

phrenzyJun-11-01 02:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#161, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 5

There is a reason they hit harder facing back..well 2 reasons. First of all, the car itself (especially a hatchback) acts as a 6th order enclosure. When you face them backwards, they fire into a much smaller space...making the hatch the oposing enclosure, and the compartment the recieving enclosure. When they face foward the opposite happens.

Also, bass waves are very long...at least a couple feet. In order for the wave to be percieved by our ears (and bodies) it has to complete at least 1 cycle. Reflecting it of the rear of the vehicle gives the wave more room to complete.

good times

'99 Eclipse GS

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

phrenzyJun-11-01 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#162, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 6

PS Cyan, I bet your insurance company hates you!

'99 Eclipse GS

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

cyanJun-15-01 04:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#163, "RE: Install done...pics"
In response to Reply # 7

haha, i wont be taking that bet!

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

SkrillaJun-23-01 12:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#164, "My 12" sub also faces the rear"
In response to Reply # 6

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #155 Previous topic | Next topic