Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1333
View in threaded mode

Subject: "hazards make my alarm go off" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSFeb-01-02 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1333, "hazards make my alarm go off"

I noticed recently that when I park my car and arm the alarm with the hazards on my alarm will go off (takes like 10seconds) and I can disarm and rearm it and it will just do it again. is this normal or was there a wiring error somewhere?? I have the viper 300esp

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamXtremeRSFeb-01-02 11:32 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1334, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it just your parking lights going off or your whole alarm with siren going off? Could be a bad pinswitch or something like that to make the alarm go off, but if the sirens not going off, and the lights are flashing, then you might have some probs with the alarm brain...HOw bout some more info?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSFeb-02-02 09:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1335, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah the whole alarm goes off as if i opened a door or pushed down on the car

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

1TuffRSFeb-03-02 03:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1336, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 2

bump...anybody know xtremers where did ya go

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

TeamXtremeRSFeb-04-02 05:11 AM
6329 posts,
#1337, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 3

Check your dood pin switches. I had to replace my drivers side, cause sometimes my pin stuck and didn't turn on the domelights, but they can short out too. Also, depending on how the alarm was hooked up, the hatch pin can also trigger the alarm too if they tapped into the wire that catches both pins. maybe a faulty shock sensor?? After the alarm goes off, turn it off, then look at the red led, and count the number of flashes. I believe if the shock went off it should flash 2 times, and if a door pin, should flash 3 times. See what that does for ya...

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

brynden29Feb-04-02 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
#1338, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 4

I am not sure that it is a pin that is the problem. I have the Viper 550 and when my hood pin was acting up I would always get a second chirp when setting my alarm. When you set it you should only get 1 chirp. If you get a second then it means that one of the sensors is tripped. That should be how you would know if it is a sensor or not. I will try to set my alarm with my hazards on and see what happens.

Brynden

1TuffRSFeb-04-02 07:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1339, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 5

i wouldnt think it was a faulty shock sensor or hood pin because it doesnt go off if for no reason when the hazards arent on. When the hazards arent on its acts as it should and goes off if it is bumped or a door opens, etc. With the hazards on I can arm it (just one chirp) and withing 10 seconds it goes off, i can then disarm it and then rearm it again with the same result. I got to the point that whenever I need to leave my car and put the hazards on that I put the alarm in valet mode.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

TeamXtremeRSFeb-04-02 11:12 AM
6329 posts,
#1340, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 6

Ahhhhhh.....I see what you are saying now. There are only 2 ways to wire up the parking lights on our cars. There is a positive wire,and there is a negative wire, but i have never heard of anything like that before! When that does happen, disarm your alarm, and count the number of flashes from the alarm's red blinky light. Its a diagnostic to tell you if your alarm went off while you were away. I believe 2 flashes is your shock sensor, and 3 flashes is a door pin. Where is your shock sensor mounted?? It might be possible that it is mounted very close to the relay that controls your hazzards. The relay "clicking" might be enough to set off your shock sensor.I remember if my sensor was turned up, my ticking exaust when its cooling down, would set off the alarm.I guess it could be possible that its backfeeding through your parking light wire when the hazzards are on, but i have never seen something like that happen before. Check that out, and find out what zone is setting off your alarm by looking at the red led after you disarm it....Thats all i can really think of for now...

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamXtremeRSFeb-04-02 11:41 AM
6329 posts,
#1341, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 0

Ok, i just tried my alarm out with the hazzards on, and it didn't make my alarm go off. The hazard button makes the turn signal flashers click on an off around the center console area and my shock is pretty close to it too. I'm using the positive parking light wire on my setup too. The car's factory relay for the parking lights in in the engine bay under the fuse cover, i hear it clicking for it there. So i'm kinda out of ideas for ya, but just find out how many blinks are coming from the red light for your alarm and we can go from there....

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

1TuffRSFeb-06-02 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1342, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 8

the light flashes four times, it beeps four times too

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

Mystic511Feb-06-02 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#1343, "RE: hazards make my alarm go off"
In response to Reply # 9

My alarm goes off if i have the hazards on too.. the hazards will blink for about half a minute.. and then all of a sudden, the alarm will go off.

I always thought it was a safety feature.. but i guess it isn't. heh.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1333 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic