Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10816
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Apr-04-05 12:03 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10816, "Poll question: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"

like the title says, do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's for the rear of our cars?

i've currently got blown out stock 6.5's in my car so i can't say much for the quality of those. i know we can use either 6.5 or 6x9 aftermarkets speakers for the rear of our car. i was wondering if any of you guys had expereience with both types and had a preference. i talked to some of my other friends that're into car audio and they said they preferred the sounds of 6.5's over 6.9's. something about how the non-circular shape of the 6x9's doesn't sound as good. i know the greater surface area of a 6x9 gives it a slightly lower range but based on the specs of speakers i've looked at, it's usually a fairly small difference when compared to a 6.5 of the same line.

so yea, which do you guys prefer?

Poll result (14 votes)
6x9 (4 votes)Vote
6.5 (10 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
satal95Apr-04-05 12:35 PM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
351 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10817, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-04-05 12:36 PM by satal95

I have 6x9's in my car and they sound pretty good. so i guess i'll go with 6x9's

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Apr-04-05 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10818, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 1

6.5's for quality, 6x9's for quantity. Quality is always better.

MCubed45Apr-06-05 12:18 PM
2706 posts,
#10854, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 2

bump

-marc

tomatotApr-11-05 09:03 AM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
198 posts,
#10873, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 0

But, will it look different from a view outside th grill?

And, one more questions, I saw some speakers with some nice grill.... can we remove our stock grill?

thanks!

MCubed45Apr-12-05 12:00 PM
2706 posts,
#10879, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-12-05 12:02 PM by MCubed45

you can't see much through the grill. but then i have stock black speakers too. if you have something flashy it might show more. i doubt it'd be that noticeable. you can probably take off the stock grill if you really wanted to but i think you'd hafta modify a lot to make it look nice with the aftermarket grills. think about how the back seat of our cars is constructed. the panel covering the speaker comes off and the speaker is bolted to the frame of the car. aftermarket speaker grills are usually made for surface mounting like on the rear deck of a car. you would either need to mount the speaker to the ;anel (not a good idea) or find a way to spearately mount the grill on the panel. that particular panel is very curvy (as is the stock grill) so it would probably be difficult to mount an aftermarket grill without modification.

-marc

tomatotApr-12-05 06:35 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
198 posts,
#10883, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 5

ic... thanks a lot !

Vandy420aApr-14-05 01:28 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#10895, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 0

6.5's---but get a sub if you don't already have one...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Sorry_i_WinApr-21-05 09:18 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#10926, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 7

if u have a sub, definitely go with a 6.5"

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

kain_99gsApr-21-05 06:39 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#10929, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 8

I can see my speakers pretty well. they aren't the factory black though. I also painted the back grills black to match other trim in my car. I agree that it would take quite a bit to make it look good with those aftermarket grills so unless you REALLY want them showing, just use stock

VOTBLINDUBMay-05-05 08:34 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11016, "RE: Do you guys prefer 6x9's or 6.5's in the rear?"
In response to Reply # 0

you cannot beat a round speaker for mids, or just overall

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10816 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic