Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #105
View in threaded mode

Subject: "No bass from rear speakers" Previous topic | Next topic
PiKappNJMay-15-01 02:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105, "No bass from rear speakers"

I went to replace my stock rear speakers today with a pair of pioneer 140w 6x9s. I put one in and left the other stock just to see the difference. When I switched the balances to see which sounded better, the pioneer had more defined quality, while the stock had most of the bass. You could hardly hear any bass from the pioneer. Does anyone know why this is happenin?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TalonMay-16-01 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 0

personally i hate pioneer. I bought rockford 6x9's for 175 that handle 200w and they pound so hard that it makes my mirrors shake. this is no joke and without my subs even on. i took out my whole system so that all i have are my rockford components and 6x9's and my deck. dude i would take them back and get rockfords. the highs are unfunkin belivable... bass and awesome highs cant get better.

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
stock 16" rims <---heck yeah !!!
AEM cam gears

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dudasdMay-16-01 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#107, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 1

Depending on what you are using them for, I would get rid of the Pioneers too. Go with something proven, Rockfords would be good, I have Infinity Kappa's in mine. If your trying to go with a good soundstage you don't need to worry about to many highs coming out of them anyways. Your crossover will cancel that out. You can always go with 6X9 drivers, just a cone no highs on them since you would only be putting a mid-bass tone through them. I have mine balanced right now with 80 Hz and down to the subs, 80 Hz to 350 to the rears, 120 to 500 to the doors and 500 and up to the tweets in the dash. I have a near perfect RTA output like that. It all depends on what you are trying to do overall though...Sound is best to the owner. Enjoy!!!

AEM CAI
Pace Setter
Magnacore 8.5 MM Plug wires
EBC Green Stuff pads
Waiting on AEM Cam Gears to arrive
ddudas@wakul.com
ICQ# 5591657

jZaMay-20-01 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#108, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 2

pioneer isn't junk like a lot of people say, problem is, they make speakers ranging from 20 bux to like 300 (premier). can't expect much from the cheap ones. The prolem with bass may be that you're underpowering them.
what model are theY?

javi d
vroom n' boom

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

z1pp0May-20-01 09:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 3

I am actually having the same problem with my pioneers
TS-A6999 (the 3 way compression horn 6x9s). I am giving each of em 60watts rms and i barely
get any mid bass out of em. it kind sux cuz i have a infinity
kappa perfect 12 which is real deep and wont put out any decent mid bass, so there is a huge gap in the sound.

my thought was to keep the pioneers in place, they are loud and clear, and buy a 6.5"component set. I want to mount the 6.5s on the sides of the center console below the dash, pointed at the door speakers. then get another amp to push em and cross it over low to pick up some of em midbass frequencies, kinda like little subs.

has anyone ever mounted speakers below the dash like that? i guess i could just replace the 6x9s but i kinda like em and would like another set of speakers to get control over. thanks for any advice.

kelly
- Tanabe GPower Medallion
- Konig Villain 18x8s
- Yokohoma Paradas
- Magnecore Wires
- Front Stut Brace
- Rear GST Disc Brakes and Sway Bar
- Tint/Clear Corners/Big Stereo/Etc
...completely rebuilt

HRC Stage II w/ FMIC | AFX UDP | Magnecore Wires | Tanade GPower Medallion | Tokico Stuts and Springs | 18x8 Konig Villains | Yokohoma Paradas | Damn Good Stereo | A bunch of other common shit | Completely Rebuilt

TalonMay-22-01 10:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#110, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 4

i am sorry to say that i have the infinity stereo upgrade so my rockfords arent being powered by just the deck but also the amp. but the rockfords pound hella midbass!!! i had jl and man i have to say i sold them and bought rockford....i am making a custom install and hope they sound as good as my jl subs. if not then selling rockfords and back to jl...i will try and post pics when i get the whole install finished...got about 24 pics of it so far and only 1/2 way done !!! also i have a friend with premier 6x9's and they are good but not like the rockford's... and i only paid 175 for them!

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
stock 16" rims <---heck yeah !!!
AEM cam gears

Twobuf4uNov-29-01 10:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
285 posts,
#111, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 5

I also have pioneer's in the back.....HARDLY NO BASS AT ALL.......i finally said screw it. But they had awesome sound quality...so i ordered me some subs. (havent put them in yet) which will take care of my Bass problem.

Black Sapphire '96 RS w/ Blitz Kit
AEM CAI,AFX UDP,Apexi N1 Exhaust,NGK BKR-5e11 Plugs,Magnecore Wires,Primax 496 17's w/ Falken Azenis Tires,Blue Interior Lights,Greddy Shifter Knob-Boot-Pedals, TYC Black Taillights

LoudEclipseNov-29-01 11:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#112, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 2

>I have a near perfect RTA output like that============================================================

wo0t!
============================================================

you have actually rta'ed your system?

wo0t

PowerEclipsesNov-29-01 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#113, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 7

jw... when i hook up my sub and the wires are backward the bass kinda stops but then i switch the wires and bam the bass is back... try that

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

1TuffRSNov-29-01 02:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#114, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 8

I have all rockford components too (6x9's in the rear and 6.5's in the front) and they do hit pretty damn hard for just replacement speakers and the highs are off the hook. I can shake all the mirrors in my car and the only thing powering my speakers is my MP3 player. Hell I even turn heads with them. They dont give me all the bass I want but its good until I can get subs (i want a custom enclosure so I can keep my trunk space).

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

CVedEclipseNov-30-01 12:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#115, "RE: No bass from rear speakers"
In response to Reply # 9

damn.. this post was dragged out from no where.. newaz, i think you guys are expecting too much out 6x9s. realistically, they are not made for "real" bass. if anything at all, they will give a decent amount of mid range bass. if you are pushing out too much deep end bass, you may just end up blowing them. they not made to bounce they way they do with deep bass. if you want real bass, get a sub. you'll notice the diference then.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #105 Previous topic | Next topic