Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11875
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ALarm trouble?!" Previous topic | Next topic
96BlckGSJan-18-06 01:55 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2005
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11875, "ALarm trouble?!"

Hye guys i have the Freedom 500 alarm, i hooked it up and it worked for a while and i removed my dash to paint it, put it back in and the alarm, when i hit the buuton on the switch i hear the noice the alarm is activated but the door locks dont lock and i can open my dorm and the alarm goes off, any answers

1996 Black Eclipse GS
STAR Stage 2 Turbo With custom equal length manifold and full 3 inch turbo back exhaust
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamDR1665Jan-19-06 07:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11877, "RE: ALarm trouble?!"
In response to Reply # 0

When you removed/installed the dash for paint, you disconnected the wires for the door locks - either by snagging them and unplugging something or actually cutting it. The alarm still works, but it just doesn't do the lock thing? Trace the lock wires, imo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11875 Previous topic | Next topic