Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11687
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Good alarm for 500-600" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
BlackMagicNov-19-05 10:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11687, "Good alarm for 500-600"

Hey guys I don't know much about car alarms. I'm trying to find a good system for 500-600 that will keep me pretty well protected. Are they any recommendations or is there anything I should stay away from? I was thinking of a Viper or Clifford because I hear they are pretty top of the line but I really don't know what to look for. Thank you guys, let me know!

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
eclipse_99rsNov-19-05 11:36 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11689, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 0

U got it! viper or clifford both are good.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlackMagicNov-19-05 05:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#11690, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 1

well yea but there are tons of different models and stuff and i dont know what features to look for, proximity sensors and stuff like that

*form follows function*

eclipse7782Nov-20-05 06:30 AM
Member since Dec 14th 2004
215 posts,
#11691, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-20-05 06:34 AM by eclipse7782

Compustar is the best, I just bought mine on ebay. Since you have a manual transmission like i do, i bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPUSTAR-2W900FM-AS-2-WAY-ALARM-STARTER-NEW-MAN-TRANS_W0QQitemZ5831390649QQcategoryZ94832QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I can help you install it because I just installed mine.

DanKidNov-20-05 09:12 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#11693, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipse7782
Compustar is the best, I just bought mine on ebay. Since you have a manual transmission like i do. I can help you install it because I just installed mine.

It looks like it's pretty good from the details but why do you think it's the best when compared to viper or clifford? I just wanted to know because I'm looking into getting a good alarm also and I always heard that viper and clifford were the best.

MCubed45Nov-20-05 11:13 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11694, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 4

i've got a viper800esp and it's great. i went with that model because i wanted the 7 channels to play with. when picking your alarm it really comes down to what features you want. keep in mind that the sensors and whatnot are just extras that you add on to your alarm. you wanna look at the basic features of your alarm (inputs/output channels etc.) and the programability features you think you might want. you can buy a pretty basic aalrm and add a whole bunch've sensors if that's all you want.

-marc

BlackMagicNov-21-05 03:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#11696, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 5

I just got a viper 5000 alarm with proximity sensor, tilt sensor, and second siren with backup battery, I feel much safer

*form follows function*

dsmmythNov-21-05 04:20 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#11697, "RE: Good alarm for 500-600"
In response to Reply # 6

Viper.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

gramozekaNov-22-05 07:24 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#11699, "Have you seen this alarm"
In response to Reply # 7
Nov-22-05 07:24 AM by gramozeka

I am myself in the process of shopping for an alarm. And the ones suggested here(viper copustar) are my 2 contenders. But I have accidentally stumbled on this from prestige they did not have this alarm on their website a month ago. I guess it a new one.
I was reading the manual. And it has all the standard features.+
No more goofy looking icon cars it's text based or icons if you want
And it can tell you the temperature inside your car.

I don't know if the viper & compustar can do that, cuz i was unable to find manuals for them.

What do you all think?

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14884&langId=-1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs, and UDP
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

BlackMagicNov-22-05 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#11700, "RE: Have you seen this alarm"
In response to Reply # 8

i used to have a prestige, worked pretty well, no complaints, i still like this viper better though

*form follows function*

VOTBLINDUBNov-24-05 07:58 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11702, "RE: Have you seen this alarm"
In response to Reply # 9

Shelby is the way to go

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11687 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic