Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11869
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Converting a laptop to lcd" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJan-17-06 06:47 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11869, "Converting a laptop to lcd"

there are 2 sets of wires on a laptop lcd, one with like 12 wires on it on a strip and the other with 1 red and 4 black wires.

anyone know which set of wires is for the images, power, and video display?

thanks

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
djtrickeeJan-17-06 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11870, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
there are 2 sets of wires on a laptop lcd, one with like 12 wires on it on a strip and the other with 1 red and 4 black wires. anyone know which set of wires is for the images, power, and video display? thanks

umm yea, all of them... its not worth trying to do. its not like your plugging in a RCA yellow/red/white cable into it. lmao.

You need to find out the LCD manufacturer, then search then internet for a compatible LCD controller board, Backlight inverter, Power supply, etc...

Go to earthlcd.com for more people telling you how stupid an idea it is/ i mean for more info.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTJan-17-06 11:42 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#11872, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 1

it was free so i was going to attempt it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

djtrickeeJan-17-06 03:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11873, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
it was free so i was going to attempt it.

Trust me when I say you will have 10X more fun climbing up on the roof and throwing it in the street than you will trying to "convert" it into a useable LCD incar screen. Do it. Just do it. Finkle says do it.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

TeamDR1665Jan-18-06 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#11874, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
Trust me when I say you will have 10X more fun climbing up on the roof and throwing it in the street than you will trying to "convert" it into a useable LCD incar screen. Do it. Just do it. Finkle says do it.

NO! Mount it to a radio controlled car and jump it over the roof!

mcgyvrJan-19-06 06:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#11876, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 4

actually its fairly easy to do, search for "DIY projector" directions. lots of people have done it to make their own home theater projectors.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

RoughRider01Jan-19-06 02:47 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2005
62 posts,
#11879, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-19-06 02:49 PM by RoughRider01

Do you have a videocard with TV out on the laptop?

Can you explain better what youre trying to do.

djtrickeeJan-19-06 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11880, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by mcgyvr
actually its fairly easy to do, search for "DIY projector" directions. lots of people have done it to make their own home theater projectors.

Originally posted by RoughRider01
Do you have a videocard with TV out on the laptop? Can you explain better what youre trying to do.

Lol. Ok.

Good luck with all that. And please make sure to post back up in here how it turns out. I am eager to see your end result! Seriously. No joke. I am. Honestly. For real. Fo' reaaa.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Pitchblack98Jan-20-06 07:25 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#11881, "RE: Converting a laptop to lcd"
In response to Reply # 7

Hey if your all about giving this a try I have a 12.1" IBM Thinkpad 380 LCD Ill sell ya for $100. LMK

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11869 Previous topic | Next topic