Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8994
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Radio Mounting" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipse80May-11-04 01:14 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8994, "Radio Mounting"

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a mounting bracket for a 97 rs that isn't stock? I just hate the position mine is in now. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Eclipse80May-11-04 02:28 PM
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8995, "re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 0

Come on ...... someone please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTMay-11-04 02:36 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#8996, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 1

you can custom make one like me remove the top heater vents, fabricate a bracket for the headunit, make a new piece to hold it with clips, and then put a screen where the headunit used to be! if you are intrested, let me know, i will help you out with how to do it the right way!

Eclipse80May-11-04 08:33 PM
10 posts,
#9001, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey that would be great ..... I just want to make my sony cd player on the lower shelf instead of the upper one and such its just no one freakin sells any kind of alternatives for the mounting bracket. It would be great if you could let me in on how exactlty you can fabricate one. If ya could just email me at Eclipse80@aol.com with maybe some type of write up or something. Thanks again for the responce

eclipse982nrRSTMay-12-04 04:28 PM
6314 posts,
#9014, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 3

um i dont know if this would work or not but if you just want it in the lower spot where the tray thing used to be, try like flipping the bracket upside down or something. dont know if that would work or not, but hey what the hell, its worth a shot! rate me please!

SPL_EclipseMay-12-04 05:37 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#9015, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 4

bah, dont ask for feedback!!!!

im gonna rate you though cause you are cool.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

oMInOUs97RSMay-12-04 09:11 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#9017, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 5

If you flip the bracket over, the mounting holes won't line up to mount the radio and brackets to the dash. If you just want to put your radio lower in the double din spot, typically where a pocket would be, just put the radio where the pocket is and put the pocket where the radio was, just don't flip those brackets.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

eclipse982nrRSTMay-13-04 04:37 AM
6314 posts,
#9019, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 6

ya, i that would work, lol. SPL, every person that has EVER helped me, i rated them ... i have helped alot of people since ive been here and no one rates me, wtf ya know ... lol. goodluck with your headunit setup. speaking of so, i seen somethign crazy on that cardomain site ... a yellow 96 with the headunit face in the sun visor ... how the heck did he run the faceplate in the visor and still have everything working correctly? there was apicture of the headunit on, so somehow it turns on, how did he run power to it? any ideas out of curiosity ?

scothernMay-13-04 06:07 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#9020, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 7

it isnt, hard. Just mount the unit somewhere and remove the face. next you can solder wire between the face place and the unit. Just look at where the connecter plugs in when attached and put a wire in between the posts. I have seen people mount there face plate into the rear view mirror. It isn't that hard to do jsut hard to explain.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

coppereclipse95May-13-04 06:58 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#9023, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 8

After getting my head unit stolen last year, I made my own brackets. I got some Al 1" bars from Homedepot. I don't have any pics yet, but I'll get some to show you. Just measure and bend!

1995 Eclipse RS

eclipse982nrRSTMay-13-04 07:34 AM
6314 posts,
#9024, "RE: re: Radio Mounting"
In response to Reply # 8

ha ya i can tell, you lost me in the first couple sentences, lol. i just thought it was pretty cool but seemed tough. i am good with custom setups and shiznit but i never though of that ... wow, a faceplate in the rear view mirror, now thats slam. how the hell did they rig that up? same way i am guessing? sound nice, i would look to see pics if you have any. peace fella's take it easy.

Mike

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8994 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic