Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5938
View in threaded mode

Subject: "FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
mybadkidApr-21-03 07:00 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2003
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5938, "FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"

Im selling my custom sub box with the audiobahn aw1200q 12 inch subs that are in it.The reason the subs are going with it is because they require a 3/4 inch bigger of a hole than normal 12's.Pictures are at http://members.sounddomain.com/mybadkid
The box is covered with black vinyl.The eclipse letters are white vinyl.the box is sealed tight with glue and sealing foam.It fits perfect in my 95 eclipse but i dunno how it would fit on other years. the box covers the entire hatch area and looks really nice IMO.The box is made of 3'4 inch mdf wood.besides the top which is regular plywood.the box is heavy which means shipping could be high.If anyone wants a box like this but not with those subs, i can build you one the same as mine, with differnt size holes.I can do the 99 hatch style to because my freind has that car so i could test fit in there.Just let me know or make an offer THANKS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
kylejayMay-03-03 08:50 PM
Member since May 03rd 2003
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6039, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 0

how much are you wanting? (shouldn't this be in the classifieds?)
thanks, - kyle Jay

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mybadkidMay-05-03 02:07 PM
5 posts,
#6050, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 1

Just looking for a reasonable offer.Im not set on any price I just wanna do something differnt.

kylejayMay-05-03 03:23 PM
Member since May 03rd 2003
4 posts,
#6051, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 2

well i don't really know what is reasonable (i lack knowledge in the stereo department) but how about $100 plus shipping? i'm guessing that that is way low, but ya gotta start somewhere
thanks - kyle Jay

chrysler kidMay-05-03 04:41 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#6052, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 3

>well i don't really know what is reasonable (i lack knowledge
>in the stereo department) but how about $100 plus shipping?
>i'm guessing that that is way low, but ya gotta start
>somewhere
> thanks - kyle Jay

go to cartoys and they will charge you $900 to build the box alone without subs.

11.65 @ 115

WtngclanMay-06-03 04:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#6069, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 4

so whats the best you would do a box like that for 3 12"s

Another BANNED asshole.

WtngclanMay-06-03 04:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#6070, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 5

maybe a little bit shorter tho

Another BANNED asshole.

audiophylMay-06-03 08:18 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
#6071, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 4

$900 for that box...holy crap, you have to be kidding! No fiberglass, just wood. I wish that I had people who were willing to pay $900 for a wood box. My shop would be making a killing!

The box shouldn't have taken more than 9 hours, max, to build...that's $100 per hour. I need that kind of wages!!!!!!!!!!!

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

mybadkidMay-06-03 11:51 AM
5 posts,
#6075, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 7

Well the box I have with the subs id sell for $335 or something close to that.

And to build a box like that for 3 12's id ask for 215 or so.

BlitzdEclipse99May-07-03 03:57 AM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#6082, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 8

HEHE, $900 for that box, you've got to be kidding me. I'd build a fiberglass version and paint it for $450, where do you live to have prices like that??

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

jerseystyle1May-07-03 10:04 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#6083, "RE: FS Custom sub box w/audiobahn subs"
In response to Reply # 7

>The box shouldn't have taken more than 9 hours, max, to
>build...that's $100 per hour. I need that kind of
>wages!!!!!!!!!!!
More like 2 hours (after measurements). $900, yeah okay. Look how crappy the vinyl job is! (no offense)

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5938 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic