Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5491
View in threaded mode

Subject: "How much sound deadner......" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
wolfpackMar-03-03 11:25 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5491, "How much sound deadner......"

....to do both doors, the trunk and the floors of our cars? I'm looking to do this to kill some of the rattles in the doors and to get rid of some road noise, so any estimate will help. Thanks!

-Greg
'99 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
SPL_EclipseMar-03-03 01:21 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5492, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 0

i have roughly 100-120 square feet in my car, but i didnt do anything to the trunk. that was more than enough, so i doubled up in a few places. i would think the same amount would do the floor/doors/trunk with no problem using one layer. if you have any left over, i would definalty give the firewall/tire wells a double coat, it was amazing how much road noise i managed to reduce when i did those areas.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LuzahanMar-03-03 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
179 posts,
#5494, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 1

Do you use Dynomat? if so where is the cheapest place to buy it?

98 Eclipse GS:
Greddy Evo
RH z5000 19's
Blitz Kit
AEM CAI

OZ_GSMar-03-03 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#5495, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 2

I used 125 ft to do the entire car. I have not done the doors yet but have just enough left over for them.

I used FatMat.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

SPL_EclipseMar-03-03 05:16 PM
5921 posts,
#5497, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 3

yes, i used dynamat, but only because i got it increadable cheap at best buy (i used to work there). the markup on that stuff is unreal.

audiophylMar-04-03 03:54 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
#5502, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 0

To date, I've installed 80 square feet of sound deadener. I've used the Dynamat and the Tsunami brand. I think the Tsunami is a better product.

When I'm finished, I'll have between 100-125 square feet of silencer.

Good luck to ya and don't forget to do the headliner.

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

RSClipse9d7Mar-04-03 09:18 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#5507, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 5

How much comes in those door kits? I would say check how many sq ft are there and then double it and add a little to do both doors. How much weight does this stuff add? Anyone have an idea?

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

SPL_EclipseMar-04-03 11:14 AM
5921 posts,
#5508, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 6

its heavy stuff. id estimate i have about 75-100 lbs worth. its hard to say though, thats just a guess.

audiophylMar-05-03 07:41 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
#5513, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually...The more I think about it: If you have to ask how much is enough...you don't have enough!!!

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

9d9MitsuMar-05-03 09:37 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
93 posts,
#5516, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 8

The best sound deadning material sold is either Brown Bread or Dynamat Xtreme. Now seeing how anything Dynamat is outragiously expensive, the best would have to be Brown Bread which can be found quite cheap at http://www.b-quiet.com

Good Luc

I'm banned because i suck

coppereclipse95Mar-07-03 05:47 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#5529, "RE: How much sound deadner......"
In response to Reply # 9

Have you guys tried that spray stuff before? Do they work just as well if you put enough coat on???

1995 Eclipse RS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5491 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic