Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5551
View in threaded mode

Subject: "difference between 2way/3way/4way?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starMar-09-03 05:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5551, "difference between 2way/3way/4way?"

whats the difference sounds wise?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
audiophylMar-09-03 06:09 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5555, "RE: difference between 2way/3way/4way?"
In response to Reply # 0

In a 6.5" coaxil, I would recommend a 2-way speaker. Some companies have made a 3-way, but you really don't gain anything. Same hold true with a 6x9. 3-Way for your 6x9's, since you really don't gain anything going with a 4-way.

In my opinion, the extra portion of the speaker is just a marketing ploy!!!

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPL_EclipseMar-09-03 07:05 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#5562, "RE: difference between 2way/3way/4way?"
In response to Reply # 1

^^^^^exactly, couldnt have said it better myself.

a few things to add though...

im not sure, but you might be refering to component sets or setups that involve manually dividing and controlling certain sets of frequecies for individual speakers. for example: in my car you could say i run a 4-way setup. i have tweets that play from about 2500hz and up, mids that play from roughly 2500hz and down, midbasses that play from 150hz and down, and subs that play from 60 hz and down. the advantage to a setup so complex is having contol over amplitude, phase, and crossover settings for each speaker. the downside is that its REALLY hard to tune when you have so many variables.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5551 Previous topic | Next topic