Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12978
View in threaded mode

Subject: "CD player removal! Need help asap?" Previous topic | Next topic
TKIApr-29-03 08:31 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12978, "CD player removal! Need help asap?"

Here is a few questions:

1) What do I have to remove to get to it?
2) Can anyone give me the wire color specs? (what each color is)

The reason that I need to know is, because when I bought my car the rear speakers were gone, and someone had run speaker wire from under the dash to the hatch. Neither the hatch wire, nor the fac. locations had sound coming to them. I am going to put some small subs in the back, and I need any tips that would help me out.

TIA for the help!!

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
a_miller_76Apr-29-03 08:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12979, "RE: CD player removal! Need help asap?"
In response to Reply # 0

Uhm, is it factory? If so it sounds like they ran a box off the head unit. If they did, trash it, probably blew out the two rear channels.

Are you thinking of doing the same? Please don't, it will sound like ass and blow your headunit (if it isn't already)

To remove it you have to remove the trim around the HAVC and Radio (one piece, just pull it off) and move your center console backwards (2 bolts on the back R/L, take out your ashtray, 2 bolts in there) then there are 4 bolts holding the radio and storage tray in (or just the radio if you have the double din cd/tape unit)

always remember we don't have grounds in our harness, so you'll have to body ground it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloApr-29-03 08:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#12980, "RE: CD player removal! Need help asap?"
In response to Reply # 1

click the link in my sig and find 2g_radio_wiring.pdf it should have what you need.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

dfreshApr-29-03 11:48 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#12981, "RE: CD player removal! Need help asap?"
In response to Reply # 2

all im gonna say is have fun....ive installed cd players on lots of different cars and i hated puttin one in my eclipse....it was a pain in the j-lo....

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

StealthRSRMay-07-03 10:03 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
81 posts,
#12982, "RE: CD player removal! Need help asap?"
In response to Reply # 3

one side note, you have to take off your side kickpanels to access the bolts securing the radio...

AT->MT Conversion! SJ Montague Boys!
Follow the link below for more pics...
http://members.cardomain.com/stealthrsr

mitsuman297May-07-03 10:51 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
#12983, "RE: CD player removal! Need help asap?"
In response to Reply # 4

all I had to do was remove the plastic trim piece that goes around the HVAC and the radio, then pop off the ash tray/cup holder, then take off the center counsel (there are 6 screws in all). don't forget to remove the light bulb for the ash tray and the 3 connectors for the cigarette lighter. And then there were four screws that held the whole unit in there. Just take those out and unplug your cd player. Hope this helps you out.

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12978 Previous topic | Next topic