Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12527
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Stock Speaker Size..." 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
honcal98rsSep-24-06 01:30 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2002
296 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12527, "Stock Speaker Size..."

I've looked around and I couldn't find any answers. So, I was wondering if anybody could tell me the size of the stock speakers on my RS. Just in case, I have one in each door panel. 1 on each side by the back seat. I'm about to upgrade and I need info. Thanx very much!

Brian
West Melbourne, FL

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS(White)
1965 Ford Falcon

Mods: AF/X UDP, NGK-BKR5E spark plugs, Custom CAI. Best et...16.31 @ 85.50 mph with custom ram air intake.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
MitsuEclipseGSSep-24-06 02:31 PM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12528, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 0

I believe the fronts are 5 1/4 and the rears are 6x9.
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StreetRacer_21Sep-25-06 03:40 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2005
220 posts,
#12529, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by MitsuEclipseGS
I believe the fronts are 5 1/4 and the rears are 6x9. -Todd

I'm pretty sure they are 5.25 all the way around... Maybe I tryed something biger than 6x9 but I think that was what I had and they don't bolt straight up

Moderatorsd_eclipseSep-26-06 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#12531, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-26-06 09:49 AM by sd_eclipse

Correct, It's 5.25 all the way around for the RS.

IIRC,

RS + GS non infinity systems had 5.25 all around.

GS infinity systems still had 5.25 in the rear and front.

GST + GSX infinity or non infinity had 6x9's in the rear and 5.25 up front.

I'm not 100% positive on that but I think that was the breakdown.

honcal98rsSep-26-06 10:09 AM
Member since Mar 21st 2002
296 posts,
#12532, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 3

I went to circuit city to see if they had any info. According to their books, the speakers on the doors are 6.5 and the rears are 6x9s. Now I'm not sure. Does anybody know if this is true?

Brian
West Melbourne, FL

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS(White)
1965 Ford Falcon

Mods: AF/X UDP, NGK-BKR5E spark plugs, Custom CAI. Best et...16.31 @ 85.50 mph with custom ram air intake.***That was with my old engine. I hydrolocked it, so now I have a completely stock engine***

Sorry_i_WinSep-26-06 02:39 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#12533, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-26-06 02:44 PM by Sorry_i_Win

Originally posted by honcal98rs
I went to circuit city to see if they had any info. According to their books, the speakers on the doors are 6.5 and the rears are 6x9s. Now I'm not sure. Does anybody know if this is true? Brian West Melbourne, FL 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS(White) 1965 Ford Falcon Mods: AF/X UDP, NGK-BKR5E spark plugs, Custom CAI. Best et...16.31 @ 85.50 mph with custom ram air intake.***That was with my old engine. I hydrolocked it, so now I have a completely stock engine***

The rear speakers are definitely not 6x9's even tho the grills make it look that way. I'm almost positive they are 5.25" in the rear and doors as was already stated. Circuit city = Dumb. Actually, according to crutchfield.com, it can fit 5.25, 6.5, or 6.75 in the doors. I dunno.. 5.25" all around sounds like the safest bet to me.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

hookduphatchSep-27-06 06:59 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12534, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 5

i replaced the speakers in my rs earlier this year. 6.5 all the way around. gs and up went to a 6x9 in the rear, but the fronts are 6.5's

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

hookduphatchSep-27-06 07:00 AM
552 posts,
#12535, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 6

i know this for a fact about the front speakers. as for the rears, we thought it took 6x9's too, as that's what my shops info pointed toward. when we got the grills off it was 6.5's.

Sorry_i_WinSep-29-06 06:29 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#12542, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by hookduphatch
i replaced the speakers in my rs earlier this year. 6.5 all the way around. gs and up went to a 6x9 in the rear, but the fronts are 6.5's

Actually I have a 96 GS and its definitely not 6x9's in the rear... so unless they were changed before I bought it I dunno.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

hookduphatchSep-29-06 07:17 PM
552 posts,
#12543, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 8

just going by my buddy's car. could be wrong on that. but anyway... lol.

StreetRacer_21Oct-02-06 12:41 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2005
220 posts,
#12544, "RE: Stock Speaker Size..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Sorry_i_Win
Originally posted by hookduphatch i replaced the speakers in my rs earlier this year. 6.5 all the way around. gs and up went to a 6x9 in the rear, but the fronts are 6.5's
Actually I have a 96 GS and its definitely not 6x9's in the rear... so unless they were changed before I bought it I dunno.

Same here...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12527 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic