Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8315
View in threaded mode

Subject: "EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
extreme97ntMar-04-04 05:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8315, "EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"

I am glassing out my trunk tommrow. Should I go with a 10 inch sub or a 12 inch sub. I currently have a 10 and it hits good but is the 12 better? I listen to mostly rock and some rap. I need to know by the morning.. Thanks

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
BreezioMar-04-04 05:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8316, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 0

i say dual 10"s... 10"s are like the best all around sub.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Mar-04-04 05:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#8317, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 1

i like how 10's sound better than 12's

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

HeyGMar-04-04 05:25 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
69 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8318, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Breezio
i say dual 10"s... 10"s are like the best all around sub.

I disagree. 10's are for precision bass. 15's are for bass bass. I find 12's are ultimately the best. enough precision and good bass. Also considering you listen to rap and hip hop or whatever you'll want something with more bass than 10's.

-=It's all about style=

eclipse_gs_1512Mar-04-04 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#8319, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm extremely happy with my 12" alpine type r

2007 wrx

Vandy420aMar-04-04 05:34 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#8320, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 4

I have a crappy 12 and i love it

shouldnt' this be in audio?
vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

extreme97ntMar-04-04 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#8321, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Vandy420a
shouldnt' this be in audio? vandy

Yes, but I need fast replies so this is the place to post.

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...

UberingramMar-04-04 05:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#8322, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512
I'm extremely happy with my 12" alpine type r

God, your car is the fucking sexist thing on 4 wheels.

eclipse_gs_1512Mar-04-04 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#8323, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512 I'm extremely happy with my 12" alpine type r
God, your car is the fucking sexist thing on 4 wheels.

thank you!!!!!!!!!

2007 wrx

SanJacinto6404Mar-04-04 05:38 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
628 posts,
#8324, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 4

i vote 12's ... mine hit damn hard, and i still get the clarity and sound of 10's. i say dont cheat yourself gl

Dave-

Originally posted by Dualgen2 Damn Brynden, always picking on me on here but so nice on AIM. Stop toying w/ my emotions. Do you love me or not? I'm gonna go cry now. -Dave

Blk95TalonMar-04-04 06:02 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8325, "RE: EVERYONE WITH A SYSTEM GET IN HERE!!"
In response to Reply # 9

Go with a good 12. A good quality 12" will be just as precise as a 10" from another company. Whats your price range and how many watts can you throw at it? Throw some more info in here and Im sure people could start to give suggestions.

For your style of music, you should build a ported box...They have a lot of output (not too boomy) without sacrificing sound quality.

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8315 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic