Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3332
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Power Antenna" Previous topic | Next topic
1great98Jul-24-02 10:55 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2002
112 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3332, "Power Antenna"

Does anyone know how to fix one. Mine is stuck in the up position and it won't go down. It used to go down when i shut off my car or when I was listening to cd's and the only time it was up was when I was listening to the radio, but now it just stays up. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ableach33Jul-24-02 12:45 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
194 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3333, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 0

maybe the motor is just broken, i doubt its the fuse b.c when my fuse blew, i think other things like my HU didn't work either..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dudasdJul-24-02 05:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#3334, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 1

Do you still have the factory radio in there or have you replaced it? If you put in an aftermarket one that has RDS on it, then check you TI Info setting. If it is set to on then the antenae will always stay up to get the updates as they come in.

BoostedGSJul-25-02 12:54 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#3335, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 2

Mine is stuck in the up position too. There's a little track inside the antenna that the motor uses to pull it down. It probably slipped off the track. I haven't taken mine out yet to look at it, so I don't know if it's fixable, or if we need to buy a new one.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

1great98Jul-25-02 11:51 AM
112 posts,
#3336, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 3

Yes i have an aftermarket radio. Its an Alpine CDA7863 i think

Chris_FLJul-27-02 04:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#3337, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 4

Motor is probably shot. They're easy to replace. I bought one at Discount Auto Parts to replace my ugly RS one. Wasn't expensive.
Here's a link to my old local DSM board where I talked about it.

http://dsm.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=nonturbos&action=display&num=1020814087

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

1great98Jul-28-02 07:50 AM
112 posts,
#3338, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks for the link

Blk95TalonJul-30-02 12:24 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3339, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it possible to replace my non power antenna with a power one?
Is it expensive?

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Chris_FLJul-31-02 01:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#3340, "RE: Power Antenna"
In response to Reply # 7

Check the link in my above post

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3332 Previous topic | Next topic