Go back to previous topic
Forum name2011 DSM/EVO ShootOut
Topic subjectWho is Competing?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=98&topic_id=132
132, Who is Competing?
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Who all is gonna get off there ass and in there car and compete this year? If so in what event? If not, whats your excuse?
I'll be competing as always in bracket 2 this year. Hope like hell to see more 420a's in the staging line so I don't feel so out of place.
133, RE: Who is Competing?
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fotowntalon
Who all is gonna get off there ass and in there car and compete this year? If so in what event? If not, whats your excuse? I'll be competing as always in bracket 2 this year. Hope like hell to see more 420a's in the staging line so I don't feel so out of place.

Mandy is a dyno queen...

And I cant drive.
134, RE: Who is Competing?
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want to, but I dont even think Im going to make it to the SO this year. My cars been in the garage the last 2 weeks.
135, RE: Who is Competing?
Originally posted by teklein
Mandy is a dyno queen... And I cant drive.

Its not about being able to drive, its about having fun.

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
I want to, but I dont even think Im going to make it to the SO this year. My cars been in the garage the last 2 weeks.

What do we have to do to get you running Colby?

So far I am extremely disappointed in the 2GNT crowd, more so by the fact that I seem to be the only one who wants to represent us...
136, RE: Who is Competing?
Originally posted by teklein Mandy is a dyno queen... And I cant drive.
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick I want to, but I dont even think Im going to make it to the SO this year. My cars been in the garage the last 2 weeks.
What do we have to do to get you running Colby? So far I am extremely disappointed in the 2GNT crowd, more so by the fact that I seem to be the only one who wants to represent us...

Oh believe me, I want to. I dont have the cash. $100 in the bank, owe the hospital $20,000 for an apendectomy, and I make $280 a week. On top of that, my car is falling apart, looking worse every day, and that really takes some of my pride in it away. Body parts rusting and falling off, seemingly running slower and slower at the track, making LESS HP on the dyno a year after my first run. Its really starting to get to me and I dont have the money to keep up anymore.
139, RE: Who is Competing?
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
On top of that, my car is falling apart, looking worse every day, and that really takes some of my pride in it away. Body parts rusting and falling off, seemingly running slower and slower at the track, making LESS HP on the dyno a year after my first run. Its really starting to get to me and I dont have the money to keep up anymore.

This is the DSM scene show before go buddy. My car has looked worse and worse ever after the first year, and only minimal money goes into the looks. I am sure I will get it looking nice after I get the engine done (if that ever happens).
Making less on the dyno is somewhat understandable, through wear and tear (depending on how much less). But screw the dynos and body repair put that keeping up money to the SO, I really want to race ya Colby! Not to mention with us guys there for support and tips we can help you lower your ET
137, RE: Who is Competing?
Originally posted by teklein Mandy is a dyno queen... And I cant drive.
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick I want to, but I dont even think Im going to make it to the SO this year. My cars been in the garage the last 2 weeks.
What do we have to do to get you running Colby? So far I am extremely disappointed in the 2GNT crowd, more so by the fact that I seem to be the only one who wants to represent us...

Dude, I am planning on getting all kinds of shitty.

Racing doesnt seem like a great idea at that point :P

How much is it?

I may run. But it will run like a 15.9 or something.
138, RE: Who is Competing?
Racing is 35, so only 20 more than getting into the track. And I guarantee you will run quicker than 15.9. Getting drunk is for the Friday and saturday before 10. Stop drinking by 10 and you should be somewhat decent for Sunday. Hungover racing does suck, but not to much more than hungover being at the strip I'd imagine, not to mention all that sun and you will sweat it all out right away.
157, RE: Who is Competing?
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Getting drunk is for the Friday and saturday before 10. Stop drinking by 10 and you should be somewhat decent for Sunday.

This is the most PREPOSTEROUS thing I've ever read on the intarwebs. Stop drinking by 10. Maybe by 10 AM.....

162, RE: Who is Competing?
Originally posted by 992gnt
Originally posted by Fotowntalon Getting drunk is for the Friday and saturday before 10. Stop drinking by 10 and you should be somewhat decent for Sunday.
This is the most PREPOSTEROUS thing I've ever read on the intarwebs. Stop drinking by 10. Maybe by 10 AM.....

IMO being able to perform top notch in front of fans, admirers, friends family and haters is way better than any buzz I have had. On another note, I say quit drinking at 10. I also say to my fiance "I'm only going out for a few". Basically I try to set pretty generous times to stop so that hopefully if I overshoot it by a few hours I should still be good.
163, RE: Who is Competing?
I'm just busting your balls. I know all about being on your game for yourself and your fans. I also know that the majority will be drinking far past 10 lol. Besides who wants to go to sleep first and get the wiener balls drawn on them???
164, RE: Who is Competing?
I'm just busting your balls. I know all about being on your game for yourself and your fans. I also know that the majority will be drinking far past 10 lol. Besides who wants to go to sleep first and get the wiener balls drawn on them???

Im gonna run the autocross with a trash can in the car.
165, RE: Who is Competing?
For me? Remind me to tell you the story about me making my instructor puke at Mid Ohio. You won't have to worry about me....
166, RE: Who is Competing?
For me? Remind me to tell you the story about me making my instructor puke at Mid Ohio. You won't have to worry about me....

No for me, lol.
167, RE: Who is Competing?
Oh, am I driving?
168, RE: Who is Competing?
Oh, am I driving?

If you want. I was thinking to catch puke from the night before :P
140, RE: Who is Competing?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fotowntalon Who all is gonna get off there ass and in there car and compete this year? If so in what event? If not, whats your excuse? I'll be competing as always in bracket 2 this year. Hope like hell to see more 420a's in the staging line so I don't feel so out of place.
.. And I cant drive.

I can. Bring it, I'll will that fucker into the 14's.

Obviously, I'm in but don't know what I'm running.......

141, RE: Who is Competing?
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by Fotowntalon Who all is gonna get off there ass and in there car and compete this year? If so in what event? If not, whats your excuse? I'll be competing as always in bracket 2 this year. Hope like hell to see more 420a's in the staging line so I don't feel so out of place.
.. And I cant drive.
I can. Bring it, I'll will that fucker into the 14's. Obviously, I'm in but don't know what I'm running.......

If you are serious Bullett, you can drive it.
142, RE: Who is Competing?
ITS A TRAP! He said the same thing to me, but when I tried to hand over the keys, he told me that I had to do it. All in all I am glad he did, ended up working out really well.
143, RE: Who is Competing?
ITS A TRAP! He said the same thing to me, but when I tried to hand over the keys, he told me that I had to do it. All in all I am glad he did, ended up working out really well.

LOL.

But I wont do it.
144, RE: Who is Competing?
If I go Ill try to get into the 10s.
On my CBR..............
145, RE: Who is Competing?
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so there is actually a race? i just remember drinking and partying for a few days and going home.
203, RE: Who is Competing?
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You guys have no idea how upset I am that I can't go this year. Something came up at the worst possible time at the last minute, but I can't really avoid it. Everyone run some good times out there, let's try to have more than just 2 people racing.
205, RE: Who is Competing?
Update, I may be racing...Car may not like it, but Ill give it a shot.
214, RE: Who is Competing?
UPDATE
In addition to the $15 spectator fee, there will also be a $40 pay per view fee (given to me or colby) for the highlight event of the night,
FotownTalon Vs 740TurboBrick
215, RE: Who is Competing?
UPDATE In addition to the $15 spectator fee, there will also be a $40 pay per view fee (given to me or colby) for the highlight event of the night, FotownTalon Vs 740TurboBrick

lols. If I can hold traction, not blow up, and not miss a gear, we may have a halfway decent race on our hands. Granted, I havent hit anything better than a 15.56 since my 15.3 run, but a good track with some sticky tires changes alot.
216, RE: Who is Competing?
Um...Update. Car failed compression test. Posting sad news thread now....
I generated this page in 0.0098769664764404 seconds, executing 7 queries.